Coral Chart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hellathafish

Aquarium Advice Regular
It is organized by Light, Flow, then Care.
These are not done so it will be ever changing.
I will be adding a Size section to them as well.

Attachments

• coral 1.jpg
    coral 1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 4,750
  • coral 2.jpg
    coral 2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 6,468
  • coral 3.jpg
    coral 3.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 4,090
Awesome addition!! Thanks! Looking forward to the SW fish one.

I can see alot of time was put into making this chart, but.......
A source of reference would make the chart alot more valid. Is what you put in there your opinion or what was written somewhere? I see you listed a few leather corals as high light? You listed a few I can't say I totally agree with.

Putting the actual species of coral would help alot too. What's the difference between a branching acro, a finger acro or a spiny acro? Is there actually a difference between a bulls-eye mushroom, a purple bulls-eye and a green bulls-eye that they all need to be listed seperately?

I think this chart can be a good idea, but fine tune it some. Adding references and using scientific names, IMO, will make the chart a bit more valid.

I have to agree with Larry. What are your references on these charts and what are you basing your info on? I`m not saying you are wrong but when folks post things like this they have a lenghty statement to prove their work. I also see several that I dont agree with. I hope you understand. In other words "Where`s the beef".

I agree with the past 2 posts. My opinion would be to steer away from common names other than quick references or selling points and utilize Genus/species as much as possible to help further educate and avoid overlapping. If you wanted to go the distance, you could look into lighting research by Sanjay, natural ocean lighting conditions, and then conduct your own research. This would be time consuming, but well worth your time ;) So basically, make the charts more specific in regards to all columns and categorize the coral by Scleractinians: large-polyp stony and small-polyp stony along with Octocorallia: soft corals and gorgonians. Just some thoughts depending on how in-depth you want to go :D Oh, and alphabetical order through Genus/specie doesn't hurt either :)

Working on it I have more than one reference at this point and like I stated it is not done. I will give all the references when i get it done but seeing that this is just being started. All good Ideas I will keep all in mind when I work on it more.
Thanks.

Too bad, I live by charts :) Good info so I wish they would've finished them. Is anything like this somewhere else. It would also be great for SW fish, charted this way.

Back
Top Bottom