Profile: Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you guys ever heard of a fudge clownfish. There like a mix of black and yellow.

I have a clown fish that is yellow and black on his back. I will post a pic of it.

I love my clarkii. I have a 30g and Is always out swimming around with my gold headed sleeper goby. Very friendly sometimes scares the fireface goby but doesn't Harass it.

image-1713508708.jpg

This is mine, i find how the pattern in his white stripe that doesnt connect interesting. Love him does anyone know what type he is?

I have to juveniles that are paired up now. Very fun happy fish.

I was really resisting naming any fish nemo, tell the smaller clown decided to take a trip down the over flow box one night, twice! So the little boy got named nemo...lol

Has anyone had a frogspawn host a clown, I heard it may be possible and I would love that combo to be my next addition.

Ericwm said:
Has anyone had a frogspawn host a clown, I heard it may be possible and I would love that combo to be my next addition.

Yes I have two clowns hosting my frogspawn now it is possible but it is really up to the fish some will host and some won't... This is my second set of clowns I've add to my tank the first did not host at all but these two do... I've also noticed there more likely to host a frogspawn when there is more then one clown in the tank...

image-2187060493.jpg

Ya thanks... I'm still learning how to post on this site... It's a little hard I'm posting from a app on my iPhone... But ya thanks and hope that info helped you out...

Dogfish puffer said:
Yes I have two clowns hosting my frogspawn now it is possible but it is really up to the fish some will host and some won't... This is my second set of clowns I've add to my tank the first did not host at all but these two do... I've also noticed there more likely to host a frogspawn when there is more then one clown in the tank...

Does anyone know if I could get one black and white ocellaris clownfish and one normal in the same tank, if so could they possibly become a mated pair? This might be way out there but it sounds like it would be cool.

Since we are on the subject od Clowns, if you live in south Florida there is a retired spanish couple that breeds them in their backyard under a huge canopy and it is amazing to see them. They have thousands of them of all kinds. They also sell plankton. They are very nice people too...if you ever get the chance or are in the Miami area look them up. They are on Craig's list selling plankton.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey just wondered what others thoughts were on this ...I have two Ocellaris clown fish and my cousin is going to break down his tank and was going to give me his as well ...his is smaller than my two, just wondering is it better to just have a pair? I've had these two together for quite a while probably six months or is there a possibility to add in another smaller one as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425247095.463651.jpg
Figured I would show my pair... Anybody know the name of the color morph of the black an orange one?

Hey just wondered what others thoughts were on this ...I have two Ocellaris clown fish and my cousin is going to break down his tank and was going to give me his as well ...his is smaller than my two, just wondering is it better to just have a pair? I've had these two together for quite a while probably six months or is there a possibility to add in another smaller one as well?

Clownfish do best in pairs and I would strongly advise against putting more than two in a tank (with the exception of maybe a harem but those have their own issues) as those two have probably formed a bond/pair and the new addition, regardless of size, will be like the third wheel and most likely get bullied to death.

Does anyone why clownfish don't get stung by the anemones? Is it something to do with the slime coat on there skin?

Back
Top Bottom