Sixline Wrasse - Pseudocheilinus Hexataenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got pretty lucky with mine. Brought him out of QT a couple weeks ago, and he took right to the clown & the tank, no aggression or hiding...... but he cleaned out my pod population faster than all get out.

I have a lot of wrasses and love them, but you are right, there is zero worm or pod population days after they move in. Very efficient hunters, they also took out many of my snails. No mandarins for this tank!

Freshsaltwatertank said:
Help fish are strees after adding allot of water to aquarium after changing to a 30 gallón from a 15 Gallon i added the 15 g cycled water to the 30 g and them added the rest of the water to fill up the 30 gallón Now one fish die and the rest are strees. WHAT COULD I DO

Temperature shock is probably my first guess. Maybe salinity or even ph shock. Damage is done. Wait it out at this point.

I agree, Might of been drastic temp, salinity or ph change & way too fast! If u added that much (50% change) fast & it was cold like rm temp & it's cold in ur house as mine is, could b that u needed to heat up ur water! Next time u add a lot even a 20-30% change heat it up or mayb add a gallon at a time slowly over several hrs or even days so its gradual change! But as stated damage is done, can't undo!! They do have additives for destressing & I'd ck with someone KNOWLEDGABLE locally if u want to add something!! For now u just gotta see which can tough it out & learn from mistakes like we all do!! ��

I have had my 6Line, whom we refer to as "WrassePutin" for a month now. We even shares the LTA with a pair of clowns. Great addition to my reef. I wish I could post some video of this.

I have had my 6Line, whom we refer to as "WrassePutin" for a month now. We even shares the LTA with a pair of clowns. Great addition to my reef. I wish I could post some video of this.

Mine goes through the anenomes tentacles, I didnt know they can't feel the stng? Or can they?

I like one of these wrasses but I have a bannana wrasse and don't want them fighting its a cheeky little thing it keeps havn a go at my regal tang.

Back
Top Bottom