Amano shrimp won’t leave downspout on my filter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fizzler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I thought these would be bottom dwellers and help clean up my substrate and plants. But ever since they have been added to my tank they just stay up at the top of the tank. I read something saying maybe they don’t have enough oxygen down at the bottom of the tank. I have four different ferns in my tank and I figured with live plants that would give them more than enough oxygen. I have a golden wonder killi fish that dwells on the top of the tank and I’m worried when he grows that he might attack my amanos. The golden wonder would hands down be the most aggressive fish in my tank but he doesn’t mess with any of my other fish as the rest are mid to bottom dwellers. How can I get my shrimp to head to the bottom of my tank ? Would a bubbler add the oxygen they are looking for and make them bottom dwellers. None of my other fish have an issue with not having enough oxygen. So maybe my amanos are missing something else I’m not aware of ? And suggestions would be appreciated.

I added a sponge filter to maybe get them to migrate down to the bottom. Ik it will take a while to build up goodies for them.

For the record, the sponge filter did the trick. My amano shrimp and wandering the bottom for food and picking away at my plants and decor.

Back
Top Bottom