Can bamboo from petsmart/petco live in a brackish Pauldrarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lukester

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok. So im setting up a brackish water pauldrarium and I was wanting for it to be a planted one. My question is... Can bamboo live in brackish water. If not then what other semi aquatic plants can. Finally, if the bamboo works/other semi aquatic plants do, can I put a red clawed crab in there. I have a 10 gallon tall. 12 x 12 x 18.:fish1::fish2:

Hello Luke...

Brackish water takes in quite a variety of water conditions. Brackish water is simply water with a less concentrated level of salt than sea water and more than fresh water. The growth of the plant will depend on the level of salt in the water, for sure. If you're talking about up to a tablespoon or less in every five gallons of water, the plant should be fine. Bamboo is a very slow grower. If you want a faster growing plant, then research the Agloanema or Chinese evergreen.

B

The salinity(I think?) will be 1.004-1.005. That is what red clawed crabs need. Will that be too much salinity for the plants to handle or will it be ok?

Back
Top Bottom