Neon Tetra Profile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every time I add new fish and have the bags in the tank my neons make a jump I get round it by covering the tank as much as I can but they still find gaps

Never had that issue either... strange

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I keep a school in my 55' super active!
They are a little less delicate then people think and their speed makes up for lack of strength, theyre always the first to eat in my 55 community, especially if i throw mosquito larvae in.
I only think of them in danger at night, we call the little babies, becuae they are jard to wake up after they have been sleeping, so easy prey to agressive catfish, since they sleep at the bottom often.

Hey I came across this page and was interested to hear if anyone had trouble where they upgraded their tanks and when their neon tetras settled, they turned on each other, when before they were schooling and not possessing aggressive behaviour towards each other? if so why would that be? I'm starting to worry about them and whether or not I should move them to a different tank. Please help! Thanks.

Hey I came across this page and was interested to hear if anyone had trouble where they upgraded their tanks and when their neon tetras settled, they turned on each other, when before they were schooling and not possessing aggressive behaviour towards each other? if so why would that be? I'm starting to worry about them and whether or not I should move them to a different tank. Please help! Thanks.

They will develop a hierarchy within the tank with specific territories and boundaries.. this is their way of keeping the peace, they know who's who and what's what. When you change the tank you change their world, their hierarchy.. it should fall back into place. You can leave the lights off for a day and move stuff around if it's still coo coo in there after a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom