There was an algae development a few weeks ago. Tank is 25 gallons, freshwater, heater removed since a week, 18w LED
white+blue lighting for 5-7 hours a day.
A bunch of live plants and java moss. Tank has tropical fishes such as guppies, green tetra , electric blue ramiz(I'm not sure about this one's name) and a pair black ghost fish.
This algae boom happened 2 weeks ago for the first time (because I overdosed plant food and plant nutrients and liquid CO2
just that week) and I removed them manually. It was stuck to everything around it. Someone suggested to use peroxide, but I'm not sure how.
So after removing most of them by hand, now after 2 weeks it's coming again. It's very thin, hair like green coloured strong threadlike structure. It is mainly growing on java moss and on the floater plants. This is not black beard algae but I'm unaware of this one.
One golden algae eater died after this algae infestation, another one looks like it caught dropsy n it's stomach looks like it's abo to explode.
I feed once a day and twice a day often.
I've a hanging filter setup and it's a fully planted tank.
Please refer the pictures n kindly advise!
I need immediate suggestion/solution folks, please offer your valuable advise!
I have been maintaining the tank since 4-5 years and never I've come across this issue.
Thanks in advance!!