What is this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daveb82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A friend of mine had his tank leak and asked if I could watch his fish. I put them in my 30 gallon (always have it empty and cycled for emergencies) which is what he had them in. The one fish he told me was a kuhli loach which I don't believe it is. But I am not sure what it is. I put it in this jar only to get a picture, was impossible to get a picture in the tank.

Any idea what fish this is and if it's ok in just a 30 gallon?Seems extremely fast and he has three of them. I could put them in my 75g high tech planted but want to make sure it's suitable for that tank or if the 30g is fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200511-194022_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200511-194022_Gallery.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_20200511-194007_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200511-194007_Gallery.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 88
Dude that's either an eel or a rope fish. Once you pity those in your 75 you'll never catch those or see them agin. If you have small fish be prepared for one or two to go missing.

Think they could be pangio anguillaris? They look very close.

I say let the little guys Loose in the 75 and feed alot at night so thy ge food. Be prepared for little fishes disappearing sometimes but trust me I think you'll want to keep these guys. Their awesome.

Honestly looks like a washed out black kuhli loach or maybe a natural colored dojo loach. Sort of hard to tell from the pic. Seeing the head would be helpful. Honestly if it is a kuhli loach it will be impossible to find him in your tank to return him to your friend. They burrow and sometimes don't surface for what seems like months at a time.

Thank you for all the advice. It helped a lot. Going to keep them in the 30g and have fun watching them.

Back
Top Bottom