Filter choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ukdans1k

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all . I'm a newby on here

Ok so far in my house I have a 450 ltr coner tank with a Malawi set up. Altho i have some fire mouths and nicuagua, s in there, also. Which seems to be working fine working fine with out any issues. Running a fx5 filter two heaters and a sealed lighting unit I believe is aqua one. I also have a 3ft set up with two young frontosa. A 30 ltr set up with juvenile frontosa, to be added to the young in a month or so.

Any way my question is this.
I have just been given a 6ft x 1.5ft x 3 ft 700 - 750 ltrs tank which is for a frontosa colony .I have to make or buy a stand , source a hood & lighting ect but I'm not sure what filtration to get?
Is it better to fork out on another fx5? Or by 2 maybe 3 smaller canister filter which go cheap on eBay ect? Any suggestions.

Also if any one has any old filters they no longer want , and would like to sell or donate. Let me know I
In the uk in Norfolk.

Dan

i say just go for the fx as by the time you paid out for 3 you could of brought a fx also dont forget space for 3 filters compare to one fx. or what about a rena xp4?

Back
Top Bottom