New Aquarium nutrient levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graham Ray

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been fishless cycling my aquarium and the levels have now gone down to Ammonia 0ppm-Nitrite 0ppm and worryingly Nitrate 0ppm.
I have now introduced fish ( only a few) should my nitrate level now rise to an acceptable level ?:dance:

I have been fishless cycling my aquarium and the levels have now gone down to Ammonia 0ppm-Nitrite 0ppm and worryingly Nitrate 0ppm.

I have now introduced fish ( only a few) should my nitrate level now rise to an acceptable level ?:dance:

How long have you been fish less cycling the aquarium? Are you using a liquid test kit or strips? The nitrate test in the API liquid kit needs to be done exactly as the instructions and you need to shake bottle number to really hard as the reagents form on the bottom of the bottle which can produce a false negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I tested with the dip strips and seemed to have a reading of 25ppm> . When I went to my supplier for my first fish (3 Guppies, 3 Platies and 2 Siamese Algae Eaters) with a water sample she got a reading with , a powder and then drops of 0ppm. Don't know now whether to buy a Nitrate test kit or use the strips. Fish seem to be lively , eating well and good colour so seem to be OK. The S.A.E. have devoured all the growing algae in two days. the tank is pristine and the water crystal clear. ????

Back
Top Bottom