Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karamin65

Aquarium Advice Regular
I can't believe it's been 2 years since I last posted on here! Finally got my 285 litre tank set up Fresh water sand substrate Ph 7.6, temp 25 - 27 degrees.
I have at the moment:-IMG_1689.jpg
3 Red Eye Tetras
2 Juli Cories females plastering the tank with eggs at the moment, need to find them a boyfriend lol.
And 1 very large Albino Rainbow Shark
Any ideas on what else I could put in the tank would like something colourful and nice to watch, all the other fish only really come out at night most of the time the tank looks empty!
My mum would like a couple of Angel fish I know they can be very aggressive so not sure about them.

Any thoughts would be most welcome. [emoji225]

I would up the numbers on your Red Eye Tetras and Cories to at least 6 each. As for the angels I wouldn't cause those Red Eyes can be quite the fin nippers. Maybe some Millenium Rainbowfish if you can find them? Their brilliant red color when they mature is gorgeous. Otherwise, Turquoise Rainbows and Boesmani Rainbows are two other beautiful, active options

Hi thanks for the reply, I had a look at some of the Rainbows and they look great!
I will have to see if my local store have any in stock. I brought 2 more Corys last week they are in my smaller 90Lt Tank with my Albino Corys which are breeding like rabbits at the moment I have babies from a few days old to a few months. I have attached a video I hope it works.
Video won't work it might be too big

Last edited:
hi thanks for the reply, i had a look at some of the rainbows and they look great!

I will have to see if my local store have any in stock. I brought 2 more corys last week they are in my smaller 90lt tank with my albino corys which are breeding like rabbits at the moment i have babies from a few days old to a few months. I have attached a video i hope it works.

Video won't work it might be too big

Attachments

• IMG_1695.JPG
    IMG_1695.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1697.JPG
    IMG_1697.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 201
Back
Top Bottom