UK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wilkes said:
Wembley London. Says it all really... Send me a couple :p

Lol I wish I could by the sounds of it I could make some money on them :) I understand now when u say wembley I lived camden and wamdsworth nearly all my life so I no about the prices

Roelo69 said:
Is there any other people on here with red belly piranhas??

I used to own some in a 220 gallon but I kind of grew out of the idea I didn't find them interesting after about 2 years but I think everyone wants to own them at one point :)

I used to own some in a 220 gallon but I kind of grew out of the idea I didn't find them interesting after about 2 years but I think everyone wants to own them at one point :)

How many did you have in a 220? Because at the moment I have five young red bellys in a 100, and i know I'm gonna have to scale up tank size but just can't find a decisive answer to how big 5 piranhas will need at adult size?

Roelo69 said:
How many did you have in a 220? Because at the moment I have five young red bellys in a 100, and i know I'm gonna have to scale up tank size but just can't find a decisive answer to how big 5 piranhas will need at adult size?

Well they can grow upto 12 inches each if not a bit bigger and I got told from a lot of people from my local aquarium, plus stores and research that you can only have upto 10 in a 220 gallon when they are fully grown but I only had 6 I didn't want to over stock

Well they can grow upto 12 inches each if not a bit bigger and I got told from a lot of people from my local aquarium, plus stores and research that you can only have upto 10 in a 220 gallon when they are fully grown but I only had 6 I didn't want to over stock

Thanks :) I've been trying to get a clear answer from someone who actually has experience with them. I've been told everything from 55L per fish to 100 gallons each. I thought they would be ok for a 220 gallon so thanks again for the confirmation :thanks:

Roelo69 said:
Thanks :) I've been trying to get a clear answer from someone who actually has experience with them. I've been told everything from 55L per fish to 100 gallons each. I thought they would be ok for a 220 gallon so thanks again for the confirmation :thanks:

Well in my experience 25gallons per adult fish is a good way to go :) glad I could help

I'm from the isle of man :D not much fish choice though :( no discus :'( I love them ahah anyone know any good sites that ship fish? Preferably discus?

I don't sell java moss, but you can pick up some real bargains on eBay including some nice breeding caves etc all coated in the stuff :)

Yeah I have seen them will be considering it just wanted to see if anyone here did it. Was considering using slate and building it up and then attaching moss to make a living background

I've got some java moss on a piece of bogwood in my shrimp tank and I'm thinking of getting a load for my red bellies as well. I've seen the slate structures you mean an I really like them, I was going to get a small on for my shrimps to breed in

Also wanted to mention that I am based in North London and currently have 3 Bristlenose plecs including a breeding pair that I'm looking to sell for £10 or trade for a small shoal of tetra of anyone is interested. Have listed this in classified but wanted to mention it in the UK thread also.

Back
Top Bottom