Auctions in Calgary!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took home 2 M. zebroides. I also bid on a large mbuna, but then it was decided that it was male and I gave him away. I cannot introduce adult males to the tank. Trevor and I were hopeful that these little guys would be okay. After introduction to the tank, all was fine, but then later, they were at the top in the corner. I was able to net one and put it in QT. The other discovered the rocks--and I hope he stays there!

When my fish were still in the bag I saw that one of the fin's of the female had a tare in it.. (Oh great have to nurse one of my new fish back to health)

Floated the bag for a while... Once the fish were out of the bag they started darting around a little. I left them alone for a little while..

Come back.. Both of the females have a huge shred in their tails.. (I had a bad week with fish so I thought to myself... Man I just can't catch a break)

The longer I watch them the bigger the tear looks. So go close up to the tank and watch them. They swim up to me and to my surprise they are veil tailed!

To top it all off the middle part looks like a crown tail. So they look like a mix of veil tail / crown tail. Super cool looking.

The platinum colouring sheen is amazing. I am so glad I got these guys!

Moooose :eek:

webmoose said:
The platinum colouring sheen is amazing. I am so glad I got these guys!

Moooose :eek:

So am I....it was too bad you could not stay the day, so it was great you got something you wanted before you had to leave.

Christian if your house isn't on the house tour this spring, I want a private invite to see all the fish (and maybe some of the reptiles)!!

Back
Top Bottom