Calgary shop report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I know it has been almost a month, but does anyone know if Golds still has the metallic bettas...or any bettas for that matter?
If they do, I may try and beg my sister to go pick me up one. Then I can get it from her when I go to Calgary next. She should be able to keep him in a big jar or something for a few weeks til I get there.

ABislander2 said:
Well, I know it has been almost a month, but does anyone know if Golds still has the metallic bettas...or any bettas for that matter?
If they do, I may try and beg my sister to go pick me up one. Then I can get it from her when I go to Calgary next. She should be able to keep him in a big jar or something for a few weeks til I get there.

Very few (and no metallics) the last time I was in there, but Dennis gets his orders in Thursday, so Friday is the day to check (as usual, I will likely drop in Friday morning)...I know he will order them the next time they are offered, as they sold very quickly last time.

Spotted Thursday evening at Pisces:

Green cobra guppies (males only) $3.99 each or 3/$10.99
'Dawn' platy $3.99 each or 3/$10.99
Silver arowanas (2½") $19.99 each or 2/$38.99
Black ghost knives (6") $19.99 each or 2/$38.99
Zig-zag eels (3"-4") $5.99 each or 3/$16.99
Flounders (2cm) $4.99 each or 3/$13.99
Giant danios (really nice, 3") $3.99 each or 3/$10.99
Gold mystery snails (large) $3.99 each or 3/$10.99
Paddletail newts (5"-6") $10.99 each
Fundulopanchax gardneri gardneri killiefish $6.99 each or 3/$19.99

AquaClear AC70 (AC300) $37.99 each

Woo...Gold Aquarium has Fundulopanchax gardneri for $10 a pair!

Aphyosemiongardneri.jpg

Riverfront 2for1 Sale Preview

Some things I saw at Riverfront about an hour ago (keep in mind that these will all be ½ price/2for1 when the doors open at 10am tomorrow (Saturday):

Lamprologus caudopuntatus 'red fin' (1") $14.99 each
Geophagus surinamensis (2½-3") $14.99 each
Lamprologus cylindricus (2½") $14.99 each
Haplochromis burtoni (1½") $12.99 each
Pseudotropheus polit (2") $18.99 each
Tropheus duboisi masawa (1") $21.99 each

F0 scalare angels (1") $12.99 each
F0 Aequidens/Laetacara curviceps (1½") $7.99 each
German blue rams (1", very nice) $12.99 each
Bolivian red rams (1½") $7.99 each

Redtail shark (2") $4.99 each
Rainbow shark (2") $3.99 each
Red honey dwarf gouramis (1") $4.59 each
Bosemanni rainbows (2") $10.99 each
Black ruby barbs (1") $4.99 each
Spotted puffers (1½+") $7.99 each
Odessa barbs (1") $6.99 each
Corydoras hastatus (1cm) $2.99 each
TRUE Corydoras julii (1½") $7.99 each
Royal panaque (5½"!) $69.99 each

*Get there early...Wayne expects a waiting line-up, and then a stampede.

Well, i was out an about today, and i have to say, there really wasn't that many great deals. Though i have to say that Franco's had the best deals from what i saw. Chum's was closed until 3:00pm today.

So what did i see that was nice, that would be:

5 Kuhli loaches (great size) for $10 ($3 each)
3 Bala Sharks (3"+) for $28 (each were $12)
5 (i think i read that right) German Rams $15

Most of their stock was really healthy looking when i went in. Definately worth a look.

whether it was 5 or 3 it didn't really matter. $15 was a damned good price. The bonus was that these rams looked REALLY healthy. Not a whole lot of color in them but i thought it made them look better.

I just remembered that they also had some toad fish as well. If memory serves (and i don't trust it right now) but i remember there was something like 3 for $50 or so.

SerLunchbox said:
I just remembered that they also had some toad fish as well. If memory serves (and i don't trust it right now) but i remember there was something like 3 for $50 or so.

Now those I need to go see.

Isn't this typical. When I lived in Canmore every board I was ever on was Ontario based. Now I'm an hour north of Toronto and y'all are in Calgary :(
Just my luck, eh?
Oh well. I can still chat, yeah?
Sounds like some great deals there...

Yeah but Lunch... the groceries were all so cheap in the Maritimes cause the rest of the country supports their economies with equalization payment transfers.

KaiserFish said:
Yeah but Lunch... the groceries were all so cheap in the Maritimes cause the rest of the country supports their economies with equalization payment transfers.

Like they eat anything other than cod, lobster and beer anyways? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom