Calling all Albertans!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Use those heat packs you snap in the middle, place them in a cooler with the fish bags, make sure the fish/coral have lots of air in the bag and your good to go :D its easy, no different than shipping them across the country or even to the local fish stores.

Hey all Albertans!!! I just stumbled on this site and joined after looking for safe "found" rocks to set up in my new 50 gallon FW. So far, very informative. just got back into fishes after a 10yr hiatus. I use to breed paradise fish, wow they are hard to find females out here! (used to live in ON)

Also new on the site,
From Cochrane, 15 minutes away from Calgary.

I like
Golds they have good selection and made my glass lids for my fish tank, Pisces helped me a lot with repairing my Canister filter.

Found awesome deal on my fish tank on Kijiji (135 Gallon Fish Tank with 7 convicts (10fry) and 11 jewels, fluval 405 Canister filter and 110 Aquaclear, 2-300watt heaters,
Some Decorations) I ended up adding a Fx5 and fluval 305, 5 feet driftwood, other decorations and many new fishes

I love trading fish if anyone likes trading I have 3 Tanks

Tank 1
1 Arowana
2 Electric yellow lab
1 Bristlenose Pleco
1 Albino Pleco
2 convicts cichlids (15 fry)
2 Jewls cichlids
2 purple parrot cichlids
2 blood zebra cichlid
1 peacock cichlid (Blue)
2 Frontosa Cichlid
1 Red Spot Severum
1 Res Shoulder Severum
1 Albino Oscar
1 Jack Dempsey
2 Sunshine Peacock
1 Strawberry Peacock
1 OB Peacock

Tank 2
3 Convicts
4 Jewls
3 Eureka Red Cichlid
3 Red Top Zebra
1 Yellow Tail Mbuna
1 Red Tail Shark
1 Blue Cobalt
1 Red Devil
1 Bumblebee Cichlid
1 Flowerhorn
2 Red Shoulder Servurm
1 Bristlenose Pleco
1 Albino Pleco
1 Blood Zebra Cichlid

Tank 3
4 angel
1 discus
4 Bristlenose Pleco
1 Albino Pleco
1 Flowerhorn
1 Red Spot Severum
8 Eureka Red Cichlid
1 Jewls
1 brown cichlid

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394086225.871536.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394086251.169625.jpg

I just discovered this site the other day and this forum today. Hope there is still some interest here. We have a tank that has sat for some time with water in it and there is yellow and white mold in it. Is the tank salvagable? Thanks.

I just discovered this site the other day and this forum today. Hope there is still some interest here. We have a tank that has sat for some time with water in it and there is yellow and white mold in it. Is the tank salvagable? Thanks.

I think it should still be good, just put boiling water and lots of vinegar and it should kill everything it the tank and clean it eaiser, or use bleach but rinse super well

So my family is doing a big shopping trip to Calgary and I want to go a larger LFS as I don't have any great local ones. I only have time to visit one so which is the best store in Calgary? I'd like to go to either Pisces, riverfront or big Al's as they're in the right area. Any suggestions? I'm mainly interested in FW, specifically interested in buying some driftwood, plants and inverts. Where's best?

Pisces is going to have what you want for sure, big als is hit and miss. I haven't been to riverfront in ages but they do usually have some crazy FW fish.

Thanks for replying. Pisces sounds great then! It's my first tank ever so maybe I'm not really looking for crazy fish. Just classic, healthy common fish is for me, at least till I get more expierence. I think Ill get an Arowana next...just kidding.

Wow! Has this thread ever grown from the first time I started it. It's awesome to see more Albertans out there than just me! :) I love to see that everyone is discussing local shops and even trading of their personal stock. I can't wait to see how many more Albertan aquarists are out there!

Back
Top Bottom