How many shop at Big Al's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Hamilton store is fine for dry goods and setups and staff is quite helpful but their livestock is brutal inmo. Purple tangs turned white with ich and on the verge of starvation, cyno covered main display,dead bta's and their corals YIKES,no thanks... just awful. The Oakville store is by far the best imo but I usually buy from Alternative in Burlington they have fantastic stuff.

i try to shop at the one in newmarket but only 2 of the employees arent total .... bums

I agree about the newmarket store. For the most part its got a good selection (at least compared to the alternatives in the area) but i no longer ask for advice there and research my purchase before i get there. There are a few good employees but most of them are not aquarists but try to answer anyway (hence how i learned not to ask them lol....)

I agree about the newmarket store. For the most part its got a good selection (at least compared to the alternatives in the area) but i no longer ask for advice there and research my purchase before i get there. There are a few good employees but most of them are not aquarists but try to answer anyway (hence how i learned not to ask them lol....)

yeah imagine the look on my face when i asked about a fish and the lady said "i think your right about that... i really dont know... i normally work at tim hortons"

after my negitive feed back i will give some positive... their live rock is Phenominal. bursting with life very very VERY happy with it

-Brad

I have never had a problem with the London store everyone there was really good at answering my questions and showing me what I needed. The petsmart store near big al's have employees that know nothing at all about fish and are very rude

petsmarts by me are decent, they know their stuff as well as are very open to learning and teaching.

Big Al's I am dealing with a return on broken merchandise, ill let you know after this is over.

Big Al's at my end pretty much sucks...
Customer service is near a 0, they give terrible advice (Except for one guy that has been there for ever), and you really have to watch the livestock you buy. (That's why a QT for new fish is a Must!).
On the positive side, their prices are great, lots of choices of hardware, foods & Fish...
It's one of those... You really wish you didn't have to go there, but they are the only real aquarium specialty store around... (Other than big box stores, which I refuse to buy from)...

I usually find that Drs Foster & Smith has a better deal, because it's $5.99 flat shipping per order, on top of cheaper prices in many cases. I bought 3 200g boxes of salt and paid only that for shipping.

I dont use dr f and S any more. They take too long to get orders out. Aquacave. has cheaper shipping and I get orders in about 2 or 3 days. I could wait a week or more from fosters. Also aquacave is a site sponsor. Also they are cheaper than fosters on most products. As far as staff at all lfs, if they knew anything they would work at sea world. I go in expecting them to be stupid then if they know something I can be surprised.

Back
Top Bottom