How many shop at Big Al's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I shop at the Barrie and Newmarket locations. But when I'm in Vaughn, which isn't very often, I always have to go.

I just placed my first online order there....found a pricing error I think ($199 on sale for $2.79) and am trying to take advantage of it. Heck they might not even ship it but I'll try! I'll post more info once I hear more.....dont wanna jinx it.

I just placed my first online order there....found a pricing error I think ($199 on sale for $2.79) and am trying to take advantage of it. Heck they might not even ship it but I'll try! I'll post more info once I hear more.....dont wanna jinx it.

So? Did it work?

Ooops forgot to post back! Yes it did work! 50lbs of Reef Rock for $2.79 plus shipping!! Awesome deal!
img_2342553_0_7195c5065b9cffbe5d2776c7cbf69219.jpg

does anyone shop at Big als London? is it good quality?

Big als london is no good in my opinion, maybe for fish only but big als is way overpriced for coral. If i do shop big als its hamilton and for reef salt test kits wavemakers ect. I live in port dover ontario

Since I started into the hobby, I've done my shopping at the North York location. For the most part I've been happy.
I've found that my experience depends on which sales guy I get. Now that I've found a guy there I like and trust, I always have a good experience. If you visit them, seek out 'Rob'. For those who are responsible pet owners, he goes the extra mile.

Since I started into the hobby, I've done my shopping at the North York location. For the most part I've been happy.
I've found that my experience depends on which sales guy I get. Now that I've found a guy there I like and trust, I always have a good experience. If you visit them, seek out 'Rob'. For those who are responsible pet owners, he goes the extra mile.

I like the store in new market the best .

the store in newmarket and barrie are owned by the same guy but yes newmarket is better then barrie by far

The only ones I have been to recently are Newmarket and Whitby .
They seam to be allot more knowledgable and friendly , easier to talk to in Newmarket .

The one in Hamilton is really awesome. Even if you live too far to go there, if you need advice on any aquarium related inquiries, their staff are super helpful over the phone

Big Al's is now Island Pets Unlimited here in Vancouver/Burnaby/Richmond. Not sure how long its changed but I'm new to this hobby! :fish2:

I only go there to look around, expensive and don't like the idea of buy what we sale, good luck trying to get what you want. Buy a pump for $100 than buy replacement impeller for $47

I only go there to look around, expensive and don't like the idea of buy what we sale, good luck trying to get what you want. Buy a pump for $100 than buy replacement impeller for $47

I have experiences exactly this .
Bought a coral life skimmer .
The needle where and ceramic shaft are more than the skimmer cost .
Anyone know of a higher quality place to buy corals and fish ?

This is why I'm leaning towards cheap Chinese pumps, if they beak and they will break just like the major big brands its only cost fraction of the major big brand even if you replace it every year.
My main pump is a Jebo4500 $139, you could buy probably a tiny fountain circulation pump if is made by Iwaki or Tunze for that price.

I'm in Montreal. There is only 1 good but expensive aquastore: aquariusweb.qc.ca
All others are just crap X_X

Back
Top Bottom