Neon green tetra ottawa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luna09

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,
I've been trying to find neon green tetras for my 10 gallon bedside and can't find them anywhere!
Anyone in the Ottawa area know where I can find them?

Luna09 said:
Hey,
I've been trying to find neon green tetras for my 10 gallon bedside and can't find them anywhere!
Anyone in the Ottawa area know where I can find them?

Make friends with somebody on this site and get them to ship them to you I have 30 now 10 red 10 green and 10 blue lol wait no I don't shhhhh I am also from Canada but mine are glofish but just the same not availible here in Canada

Oh! Sorry, that is not what I mean.

The Neon green tetra I am referring to look the same as normal neons but they don't have the red stripe, just the blue, which is much more iridescent and brighter on a green than on a true neon or cardinal. Plus they are slightly smaller, reaching only about 2.5 centimeters fully grown.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of one or I would post it. My iPhone doesn't let me copy/paste or save images from google.

Yes! Lol :) I love those little guys. Not sure why but they are super cute !!

I can't find them anywhere in Ottawa. I've tried my local pet stores, big al's, petsmart doesn't carry them at any location (I did a search on the general petsmart site) I'm sure there are plenty of pet stores near me I don't know exist.
I'm hesitant to order online and wouldn't even know a good Canadian site. I would be pretty upset to receive a bunch of dead fish from the mailman.

As far as the glofish go.... Big Al's sells the special "glofish" aquarium starter kit thingy, why would they be selling something like that if they don't carry glofish in Canada? :S another poor market scam like the 1 gallon goldfish bowl?

Talk to your local petland dept manager about special ordering them in. I'm in Winnipeg and I'm able to special order through mine. But I know all the staff and I took a job there but I got sick and had to refuse the position. Give it a try

Chronos313 said:
Talk to your local petland dept manager about special ordering them in. I'm in Winnipeg and I'm able to special order through mine. But I know all the staff and I took a job there but I got sick and had to refuse the position. Give it a try

Unfortunately there is no pet land in my area :( that is a very good idea though, There must be a pet store near me that will do special orders :) if a company like Petland will then Big Al's should be able to as well.

Ha!
I found a pet shop that will order them in for me. Thank you for all the suggestions.
On another note, I know neons are finicky little guys so I am setting up a 10 gallon QT for when they get here. What is a safe and reasonable amount of time to quarantine them before adding to my main tank?

Back
Top Bottom