Saltwater in Calgary...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vertex

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone, thought I'd say hello to the fellow Canadians on the site... I've been doing FW for years but just recently got into saltwater and found this GREAT site while researching for articles and help tog et started. Since then, AA has ben a great resource and I am learning TONS from the forums.

I've now just really started my saltwater and am researching as I go. Also been learning which stores now in Calgary are best for saltwater (the FW stores I know)... So far, Wai's, Oceans, and of course Gold's I've found are the best. Any other good SW stores anyone knows about, let me know, or if many others on here in Calgary have saltwater tanks, I'd love to hear from you!!

Wai's, Oceans, and Golds are about the best in the city. Riverfront has a reasonable section, but never seems to get really high-quality livestock in (although they do get some interesting corals). PetLand has shut down all its marine walls, Pisces marine wall is dead (not sure if Peter plans on resuurecting it), and the only other shops that carry anything marine are Petcetera and Big Al's, neither of which you could pay me to take fish from.

Are you on the Canreef Calgary community board yet?

Thanks Toirtis, yes your shops sound like what I have found out as well. Not much experience yet at Wais or Oceans, (little more costly) mostly got stuff at Golds. I have the same feelings about Big Als for livestock, I prefer to not get anything their as any fish I have got have had disease problems or stress death soon after coming home... Unfortunately, its also my closest LFS so I do get supplies there often (my wife works across the steet too)...

And no, I havn't heard about the Canreef Calgary community board. Time for a Google Search.... Please stand by...

OK found it... Sweet!! Thanks Toirtis, that was going to be my next question here, is if anyone knew any local reefers or clubs to contact... Great to have this resource as well. Greatly appreciated!!

Mike

wais is the best quality salt in town a little more money but by far the healthist fish and inverts

everything i ever bought from him is still alive
plus he sold me lights for a great price today :fadein:

Back
Top Bottom