$1 per gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm wrong, just asked glass guy, it gets drilled before they temper it!

The 75 g tank that is mine to buy is already drilled. The hole is there with bulk head fittings already attached. I don't need to drill anything bc its already there??

That 75 gal tank is an absolute steal. I would've hopped on that as quick as possible. If u go much bigger then a 75 you will need to use a sump and stuff anyway and it's better for the fish to have a sump.

Is deep blue tank "The Best"?? Like seller says it is...

That 75 gal tank is an absolute steal. I would've hopped on that as quick as possible. If u go much bigger then a 75 you will need to use a sump and stuff anyway and it's better for the fish to have a sump.

So this is better buying the 75 gallon setup instead of the petco $40 - 40g breeder? I was supposed to see it today and he couldn't meet me. Is the brand Deep Blue the best glass tank to buy like he says it is?
I don't like that the stand is black but I'm hoping I can paint it to look good. Only problem it's between 0-30 degrees mid winter so not sure where I'd paint it. I need a room above 55 or 60 degrees to dry right.

Thanks

I think it's much better. The 40 gallon will end up costing way more and it's smaller. And a lower quality tank

I ended up buying a new 75g top fin tank and top fin stand for $315. I had already ordered the emperor 400 and eheim jäger 250 watt. I got it 2 days ago and I'm already considering getting the larger 90 or 110 g since it has same footprint and won't cost but $200 more for the 110g setup. I'm also toying with a 150g tank that's 48x 24 x 30 with stand,lid & lights for $630. Considering I plan on buying a $200 canister for the 75 g tank I bought anyway I will have enough filtration for the bigger tank. Maybe I will figure this out soon enough :ermm:

Tanks tops

I have my own tops made. The hardware store will cut glass to your specs. I usually have them cut three pieces, one center support and two sides which lap over the center support. Then I nip the back corners off to allow air lines to pass through. I sand the edges with 220 sandpaper till they are no longer sharp and will not cut you. If you need fancier cut to be made look for a stained glass store in your area they will probably do it
I like all glass tops it only takes a few minutes to clean when I do water changes and gives max light
Steve2223

I have my own tops made. The hardware store will cut glass to your specs. I usually have them cut three pieces, one center support and two sides which lap over the center support. Then I nip the back corners off to allow air lines to pass through. I sand the edges with 220 sandpaper till they are no longer sharp and will not cut you. If you need fancier cut to be made look for a stained glass store in your area they will probably do it

I like all glass tops it only takes a few minutes to clean when I do water changes and gives max light

Steve2223

I agree. Haedware stores, even the big box ones will cut the glass free. I use a glass store near my house and they cut my tops for $5.00 out the door.

1$ per gallon ended on jan 27 at petco

The manager said they should have another sale in late spring early summer
Steve2223

Back
Top Bottom