10 Gallon Aquarium Population

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mt.everett

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 1 molly which I got yesterday, they seem to be doing alright,, they’ve taken food. I’m really hoping this molly will remain to be okay, this is my first tank ever and I’ve had glofish die on me previously.

I was wondering in terms of the tank population, I wanted to add another molly and 2 platies or some other compatible fish and a netrite snail.

Does this sound like a good setup? Or would it be better to get all mollies? Also can I get all male mollies (the one i have is male) as I don’t want breeding or more females because aggression is a big risk? Or could I do 1 molly and 3 female platies? Also one or two netrite snails?

Sorry I have so many questions, new fish owner! Thanks for any help you can give me :)

I would stick to 1 fish species. 4 of 1 type will be happier than 2 each of 2 different species.

Unless you want a population explosion i would stick to a single sex. Males are safer as you will be 100% sure they arent already pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom