10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgan_got_fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had my 10 gallon for a couple of months now. I orginally started with a goldfosh that i won from the fair and then it died after a year. So about three or foir weeks ago i re-started my tank.
I now have
5 male guppies
1 pleco
1 blind cave tetra

I was wondering if i could add 3 zebra danios and 6 neon tetras?
Any tips?, im kind of new to this.

Attachments

• image-4120627470.jpg
    image-4120627470.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image-939541226.jpg
    image-939541226.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 95
if thats a common plec you do know they get almost 2' right? and im not sure about the rest of your fish but i know pleco have huge bio loads im sure some1 with more info than me will chime in but if its a common you might want to think about re homing or seeing if you can trade for maybe a bristlenose pleco not even sure if that would be ok in a 10gallon

You probly should rehome the pleco, they get big. Way to big for a ten gallon tank, you might get away with a few neons but if stay with that for the time being.

Thanks, il probably buy a bigger tank in the future. For now, il see if my friend wants the pleco he has a 29 gallon cichlid tank.

Morgan_got_fish said:
Thanks, il probably buy a bigger tank in the future. For now, il see if my friend wants the pleco he has a 29 gallon cichlid tank.

A 29g isn't going to cut it, a Common Pleco needs atleast 125g imo. It would be best to just return him.

Rehome the pleco and the cave tetra as they get too big
If you want schoolers get a school of celestial pearl danios or ember tetras or chili rasboras
No danios or neons in anything below a 20 long
The schooling fish need a school of AT LEAST 6 fish preferably more but I'd only put the guppies and a school of six of the fish listed above into a ten

You could always toss a few female gubbies in to the mix, but i think thats best with a 3 to 1 Female to male ration tho. Im not to sure.

Well, i rehomed the pleco. So il probably look into some other small fish. I had 1 female when i first started the tank and got some fry from her, she died soon after that..
I have the fry in the seperate tank at the moment.
Im thinking il look into rasboras.

The only rasboras you could have for that tank are Chili Rasboras
The other species are too active

I kind of figured they were rare. Il have to see if i can get them shipped then or something.

10 gal

you should never keep any guppy with less than 1 male to at least 2or 3 females otherwise the males will harass the females so badly that they will stress and usually die

Theres websites that have a wide range of fish, but the shipping is up there. Google em and you might find a fish site link with them forsale.

emerald76 said:
They are really rare

Depends on where you live. Several of my LFSs now carry Nano fish species. Even my Petsmart started carrying Endlers and Ember Tetras.
I can buy Chili Rasboras at 3 different stores within an hour of my house. I am spoiled :)

The OP should call around to stores AND check for local Aquarium Clubs. Clubs offer amazing deals and are a great way to learn.

The more people that request Nano fish the more likely the stores will stock them or find a way to order them IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom