10g dwarf puffer tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImACoolguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yup you read that right! He's got an empty tank run for your life!

:D I set it up tonight.

Floromax substrate with some black sand for easier planting.

Plants:
Staurogyne repens
Cyprus helferi
Cryptocoryne undulata

I have a snail culture starting up in the 2.5g

Only real worry right now whether my finnex is sufficient for the tank or not. It's a small clip on meant for a 5g cube tank. If it's not enough I'm considering the finnex 24/7 :) but don't want to buy a light I don't need.

Going to be using PPS-PRO from 75g and API co2 booster.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433555852.053604.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433555863.372245.jpg

Caleb

Wow! Great tank! Is it going to stay like that or are you going to add more plants? It looks great right now! Are you doing a hardscape? I use the API Co2 booster and I really like it. IME these little guys don't really need a heater, but that might be because I keep them in smaller tanks and my room is really warm. If you need any help on the tank or have questions, fire away. I can answer most questions. Oh yea last thing they really like a jungle and plants and rocks and all that fun stuff to weave through, so don't be afraid to tap into your creative side when scaling :D Have fu with this, they are great little guys and you'll love them!!

Wow! Great tank! Is it going to stay like that or are you going to add more plants? It looks great right now! Are you doing a hardscape? I use the API Co2 booster and I really like it. IME these little guys don't really need a heater, but that might be because I keep them in smaller tanks and my room is really warm. If you need any help on the tank or have questions, fire away. I can answer most questions. Oh yea last thing they really like a jungle and plants and rocks and all that fun stuff to weave through, so don't be afraid to tap into your creative side when scaling :D Have fu with this, they are great little guys and you'll love them!!

Thanks Nils :) glad to see your puffer/s are doing well. I'm just really hoping he takes frozen lol. I plan on some cholla wood or a small piece of driftwood and maybe some rocks. Need to play around with it.

Caleb

A small piece of driftwood would look great in contrast to all the green and the dark substrate. It took my first puffer a couple days to get accustomed to the tank, and then I had to reach in with tweezers and holding a frozen bloodworm in front of him, making it wiggle a bit until he took a bite. It was all easy from there. He would come up and be waiting because he knew that I would feed him! Frozen is good if you can train them, but I figured that in the long run it would be healthier, less time consuming and just overall more easy for me to just get live food. But honestly it doesn't really matter if you use live or frozen.

Back
Top Bottom