2 New Crocea Clams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up these 2 guys from my LFS they were sitting there saying Pick me no Pick me.. So I took home both... Check them out... Oh also picked up a Star Sand Shifter.

img_1026648_0_b8a1a128cca9c7e626d44e7ebed8b0db.jpg

Looks great! +1 on Neilan's comment!

As for the star, do you mean sand sifting sea star? Just watch it as they tend to starve from what I've read on here.

I have also heard the sand stars die easily. Congrats I cant wait till I can get clams!

Looks great! +1 on Neilan's comment!

As for the star, do you mean sand sifting sea star? Just watch it as they tend to starve from what I've read on here.

Oh yes Better Picture will come once they open fully, and yes that's is what I meant about the Sand sifting sea star...LOL.... :)

Here are some updated Pictures as promised

One is perched on a Rock
img_1028352_0_40ef4b616763f205b5bb44e7d1ca1242.jpg

nd the other keeps jumping off the rock wanting to stay on the sand so after 4 times finding him on the sand I left him there...
img_1028352_1_1f97fafda1dcaea6e231fae03ece85c4.jpg

2nd picture
I was trying to get a better shot of there colors looks great.
img_1028352_2_20e222ce8785d4d97e8b588c3ebc3e91.jpg

enjoy...(y)

Wow, great find. I can see most of the colors from the picture. Where did you place them in the tank? Also you forgot pics of the star.

Well I was told that they are definitely not T.Crocea but I picked up 2 T.Maximas they where sold as T.Crocea.... I guess I got the better deal... (y)

I place the Clams o pieces of my LR but the keep taking the plunge back onto the sand so I am leaving them there.. They are very healthy and feeding Phyto every other day.... Very Vibrant colors I love them...

My Crocea kept jumping as well until I put it higher up right under the 10,000K bulb. He then stayed put and anchored himself down 3 days later in the spot. Try putting him in a high intensity spot, or gently wedge him into a place so that he cannot move. Maximas are nearly the same as Croceas in their needs, so I assume your clam may respond similarly.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom