29 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calvin and Kyle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone! I have a few tanks running in my house, and recently migrated some community fish from another tank to a 29 gallon tank.

Currently has:
4 khuli loaches
1 phantom tetra
1 black skirt tetra
2 bloodfin tetras? -I think they are?
1 bumblebee goby
1 banjo catfish
1 neon blue dwarf gourami.

Looks very empty still and was wondering what else you guys could recommend to fill it out more. I just need ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey everyone! I have a few tanks running in my house, and recently migrated some community fish from another tank to a 29 gallon tank.

Currently has:
4 khuli loaches
1 phantom tetra
1 black skirt tetra
2 bloodfin tetras? -I think they are?
1 bumblebee goby
1 banjo catfish
1 neon blue dwarf gourami.

Looks very empty still and was wondering what else you guys could recommend to fill it out more. I just need ideas.

You seem quite full. Watch the goby, they can be nippy and I think they need brackish. If you get rid of the phantom and black skirt tetras, you should get two more blood fins because all of those are schoolers and need to be groups of at least four.

Emerald76

It's a bumble bee goby so it's about a half inch to an inch and doesn't get much bigger, had em for 2 years now in standard freshwater no problems, no nips.

Took the flame tetras out, put them in my aggressive tank with my tiger barbs. Doing super well with em since and they all school together. So that's better I feel.

Tank just looks very empty. The 29 that is.

I second maybe swapping some out- a lot of those fish are schooling fish and so best with groups of 6 or more

Back
Top Bottom