Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-26-2017, 11:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

36 Gallon Bow Front Tank

Click image for larger version

Name:	6D34DA87-1CA9-489B-A0F4-5047433A8B9B.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	305780

Hey everyone, just finished setting up this 36 gallon bowfront tank I got for Christmas, currently letting it cycle, probably going to add the live plants around Friday/Saturday or early next week. Once the water in the tank is squared away Iím going to start stocking it. I know I want 2-3 angelfish and possibly a red tailed and bala shark but Iím unsure on what else to get. Any advice helps!

Old 12-27-2017, 01:38 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Hi!

Congrats on getting a beautiful new tank!

If you are new to fish keeping or haven't done it for awhile, check out my signature link for a very good article. It discusses the nitrification cycle and options to cycle the tank - fishless or fish-in with links for the specific methods.

As for the cool looking fish you mention, they are better suited to larger tanks.

I have an Angelfish which is the size of a palm of your hand and its fins are over 10, probably 12" long vertically and ~7" long and my 21 in tall 72G tank is a little short for him.

Bala "sharks" get over a foot long and should be in groups.

Red tail shark should be in a minimum of a 65 to 75G tank. They can and usually are VERY territorial and need a large area to swim and cruise in. My RTS was over 6.5 inches long.

There are other types of fish which would be better suited for a 33" wide 17.5" tall
tank!!!

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

FW Favorites right now Clown Loaches, any shrimp - SW Vase Red Mangroves
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36 gallon, 6 gallon, bow front, gallon, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com