65gal discus breeding tank rebuild/rescaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So by addin the driftwood im hoping to lower my ph just a hair. It was at 7.2 but thats ok. I would like te get to 6.8 or 7 without chems. Ive gotten batches of great discus from parents on a 7.6 but fewer eggs make it through. so the rears are smalker. I.E. 6-12 instead of 30+.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They laid eggs 5 days ago. They hatched, wiggled for a day, then disappeared. So i assume they ate them at night. So knowing this im hoping for a better layout to help calm the parents. This is on assumption eating them was caused by being spooked. So more plants should help them feel camouflaged and tucked away In a slow flowing nook. Also by adding lighting with a moonlight setting, hopefully theyll feel at ease with sight of the eggs at night.

Gonna let the water settle and let the filters do their thing. When it clears up ill take some pics and see where were at. Any thoughts or ideas are always welcome.

Pics

Attachments

• 1430003734558.jpg
    1430003734558.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 51
Im pleased so far. Feel free to add ideas.

Soooo..... i may or may not have gone ahead and started setting up my 20L. My breeding pair of GBR's need a solid new home. Lol.

Thanks guys, for all the compliments. Your the best.

I woke up this morning to them cleaning the branch hanging off the driftwood. :dancing: hopefully they like the new setup.

Its the best tank to have at the foot of the bed. Wake up, be lazy for a few, and watch the discus.

Nothing like waking up to fish tanks, eh? I've got 3 in my room; first thing I see in the morning is usually the multifasciatus.

Think they're clearing a spot to spawn?

It would seem so, sinibotia. But im not expecting to much this quick after rescaping their home. But crazier stuff has happened.

Hopefully after beer league at one they'll be still cleaning that same spot. Now that would catch my attention.

Also, sinibotia, tell your wife you have a present coming for her in 3-4 wks or so.!!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom