a little late, but I've been busy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, about a month ago I made a decision. There has been a flower horn at my LFS for 7 months. He was two inches when they first got him. I never saw the guy (gal?) and when he was 5 inches, they threw him in the back because he was eating everything. 3 inches later, he was brought up front to share a 55 gallon tank with two massive oscars someone had traded in. The guys at the LFS thought the oscars had some sort of fungus, but really it was the flower horn who was beating up on them. Anyway, I did my research, these guys get big, so I'll be upgrading (already have the $$ to do that). I also found that they are shunned here in the west. Considered a fung shei fish in the east. I personally don't care that this is a hybrid fish (the reason for people's hatred toward them), I just know he was in a bad situation a nobody was going to bring him home. The owner had him priced at $50 and I talked him down to $20. At first I didn't believe this was a flower horn because he was black, pitch black in color, but since getting him home in a tank with river rocks and driftwood, he has completely changed colors. I think that is very cool. I do have to defend myself when I am cleaning the tank though! Quite the character. I have named him Donnie Darko after a very cool film, and he goes by Donnie for short. Anyway, I thought I would share that with my AA family. Sorry I've been out for a while, it is the end of a semester and I was working on a documentary. Take care everyone!

Happy Holidays :D

Thats great news :). My lfs had a breeding pair. It was amazing going in every week and seeing the fry develop. Great story, thanks for sharing.

Happy holdidays :D

Back
Top Bottom