Angle Fish Aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kmiller081279

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Everyone

I just joined today in hopes of getting help.

I have a 55 gallon -semi planted tank.

started it in March when Covid hit and had it fully cycled by mid may.
Paramaters
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate-5ppm to 10ppm
Weekly water changes

Up until this tank i had a 35 gallon bow front that just occupied a single angle for about 6 months as all of the other fish ended up passing.

This angle is now in the 55 gallon and has been by himself in this tank since i had it cycled in mid May.

I just went and purchased 3 longfin Cory and 2 Orange Laser Cory. I'm really wanting to go with a fully planted community tank.

My problem is the angle fish i think has grown to being used to being by himself and is being very aggressive to the Cory's.

Should i put him in a time out for a few days and see what happens or do you think i should just see if the fish store will take him and go on with my new build? I obviously don't want to get rid of him but i also don't want a single fish in a fish tank for who knows how long either.

You can try moving everything around and leaving the lights off. Angel's can be a but terrible. No reason he should be messing with Cory's, than again they're little tanks so they should be fine

Back
Top Bottom