Awsome new lights!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wanted to share a before and after picture with my new lights. WOW!! Its amazing what a difference they make.

The only thing is I got the lights used, so the legs are a bit off, but seem to be holding it in place well enough. The skimmer gets in the way a bit, but again not enough to interfere, though I am seriously thinking about getting a hob overflow and a 10 gal sump/fuge to get that thing outta site. I know I dont need the HOB filter, but its been in use since april, when I get a fuge i'll get rid of it.. planning for a wedding limits me to buying things in spurts LOL.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to weither I should leave the MH on the same time frame as the PC bulbs or have the MH turn off sooner?

new lights ( sitting on top with legs) and before ( generic 40 watt strip light with top)

Attachments

• newlights.jpg
    newlights.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 82
  • oldtankshot.jpg
    oldtankshot.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 74
Just wanted to share a before and after picture with my new lights. WOW!! Its amazing what a difference they make.

The only thing is I got the lights used, so the legs are a bit off, but seem to be holding it in place well enough. The skimmer gets in the way a bit, but again not enough to interfere, though I am seriously thinking about getting a hob overflow and a 10 gal sump/fuge to get that thing outta site. I know I dont need the HOB filter, but its been in use since april, when I get a fuge i'll get rid of it.. planning for a wedding limits me to buying things in spurts LOL.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to weither I should leave the MH on the same time frame as the PC bulbs or have the MH turn off sooner?

new lights ( sitting on top with legs) and before ( generic 40 watt strip light with top)

New lights look nice, to answer your quesion, personally I like to have the fluorescents turn on 1-hour before the halides and then turn off 1-hour after the halides. It looks like a cool dawn/dusk simulation and it doesn't freak the fish out as much when the lights click off.

Back
Top Bottom