Bartlett's anthias group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccCapt

SW 20 & Over Club
I started with 3 Bartlett's consisting of 1 male and 2 females. After being together in my tank almost a year, 1 of the females turned male...which in turn put alot of stress on the remaining female. Both males wanted her attention.
I recently ordered 3 female Bartlett's from LA's Divers Den. They came well packaged (box weighed in at 20 lbs) and each fish was individually packed in 5 bags. The 1st thing I noticed when I opened the box was heat. Even tho I didn't check the water temp, it was easily in the mid 70's.

LA1_5-5-09.jpg

LA3_5-5-09.jpg

LA4_5-5-09.jpg

Here they are in qt undergoing a PraziPro treatment.
LA5_5-5-09.jpg

LA6_5-5-09.jpg

And finally home with the rest of the group. It's really hard to get all 6 in the same pic. You can see a female on the far left with a red spot on it's back. When I added them to the tank, the big male proceeded to pin that fish to the bottom...and it left a mark. That was the only aggression and it was a 1 time "attack". My guess is the male was just saying.."I'm the man".
anthias1_5-09.jpg

You can see the difference in size between the blurred male and the females.
anthias2_5-09.jpg

All 6 are in this pic...barely.
anthias3_5-09.jpg

Nice fish, nice tank. Glad to see you QT'ed them.

Very nice Larry. I love bartlett`s. They are very colorful. Good luck with them.

Nice fish cccapt! Have you purchased many fish from liveaquaria? How many days did you QT? Have they all been healthy? I have been thinking about forking out the extra cash and trying them out.

hey nice fish, nice reef. I noticed on your back glass there was alot of the algae growth. I know this algae is good to have in your tank but is it ok to clean it off? I am new to SW tanks so I haven't actually got fish in mine yet but I am kind of ocd when it comes to my glass. So Im not saying it looks bad in your tank just is it something I can be cleaning off of mine when it grows there or will I have to leave it be? thanks! and great tank

Nice looking fish. I have always loved anthias. Heard they need to be feed often because they are such active fish. How often do you feed the tank?

ryshark: i have ordered from LA and they have always come very well packed just like cccapt's fish. The provide heat packs and a thick styro as well as multibagging. Did have one fish that didn't make the shipping process and they were great about refunding my money with no hastle. They are pricy but they do run a quality operation if you do choose to order in my experience.

hey nice fish, nice reef. I noticed on your back glass there was alot of the algae growth. I know this algae is good to have in your tank but is it ok to clean it off? I am new to SW tanks so I haven't actually got fish in mine yet but I am kind of ocd when it comes to my glass. So Im not saying it looks bad in your tank just is it something I can be cleaning off of mine when it grows there or will I have to leave it be? thanks! and great tank

It is ok to scrape that algae off the back glass. That is what I prefer also.

Nice looking fish. I have always loved anthias. Heard they need to be feed often because they are such active fish. How often do you feed the tank?

ryshark: i have ordered from LA and they have always come very well packed just like cccapt's fish. The provide heat packs and a thick styro as well as multibagging. Did have one fish that didn't make the shipping process and they were great about refunding my money with no hastle. They are pricy but they do run a quality operation if you do choose to order in my experience.

Were the fish healthy no crypt, velvet etc etc etc?

Nice fish cccapt! Have you purchased many fish from liveaquaria? How many days did you QT? Have they all been healthy? I have been thinking about forking out the extra cash and trying them out.
This was the 1st time I ever bought fish online. These were from Divers Den. They were qt'ed before I got them, but I qt'ed them for another 14 days including a 7 day Prazipro treatment I did while I had them in qt.
The 3 fish cost a total of $164 shipped. My LFS sells Bartlett's anthias for $50 each...so these really were only $5 more each.

You can scrape off the coralline if you want. I don't mind it on my back glass, plus I would have to use a scraper to get it off. I can't reach the entire back of my tank if I tried with a MagFloat. I also don't want to accidentally frag the corals while trying to clean the back glass.

I feed pretty heavy at least 2x/day and sometimes 3-4 times on weekends when I'm hanging around the house.

Back
Top Bottom