Betta fish rescued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ewokbuns

Aquarium Advice Regular
I love this little guy. I rescued him during the summer and I just moved him to my 10 gal tank. He's so happy! He hides and swims around and even interacts with me sometimes :) , he even lives with 3 african dwarf frogs and they get along fine. I have a few questions about betta care. I keep my 10 gal at 79 degress F at all times. He seems to like the temperature. I also have a barrel aquarium ornament for him to hide in and a few fake plants. I feed him flakes and bloodworms and keep my filter running constantly. What else would make this guy happy? Any live plants bettas like? Any type of food? Anything I can do?

Attachments

• image-1690574520.jpg
    image-1690574520.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 132
  • image-320832595.jpg
    image-320832595.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 155
  • image-1612989467.jpg
    image-1612989467.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 144
You can put African Anubias in your tank. I have on in my 10gal and my female betta likes it a lot. In the wild they lay on the leaves of plants, so live plants are a great idea. You could always put in java fern and like dwarf grass. But make sure these plants are okay for your frogs too. You could also put driftwood in your tank, bettas like driftwood a lot. :) I hope this helps.

You can put African Anubias in your tank. I have on in my 10gal and my female betta likes it a lot. In the wild they lay on the leaves of plants, so live plants are a great idea. You could always put in java fern and like dwarf grass. But make sure these plants are okay for your frogs too. You could also put driftwood in your tank, bettas like driftwood a lot. :) I hope this helps.

They lay on leaves!? Hahaha now it finally makes sense !!! My female bettas are always randomly just "chillin" on the floating plants I have haha

Thanks man, anything else you can think of? Food ect?

I love this little guy. I rescued him during the summer and I just moved him to my 10 gal tank. He's so happy! He hides and swims around and even interacts with me sometimes :) , he even lives with 3 african dwarf frogs and they get along fine. I have a few questions about betta care. I keep my 10 gal at 79 degress F at all times. He seems to like the temperature. I also have a barrel aquarium ornament for him to hide in and a few fake plants. I feed him flakes and bloodworms and keep my filter running constantly. What else would make this guy happy? Any live plants bettas like? Any type of food? Anything I can do?

Rule #1 of live plants: you can never go wrong with java. Moss or fern!

Back
Top Bottom