Black Lyretail Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoyoteWildfire

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got this little guy last weekend... I fell in love with him straight away and named him Kiernan, which is Gaelic for little dark one.

img_1301532_0_15791ac5f3133857e6a89c21c66aa54d.jpg

You can't tell due to the blur of the picture, but the very very crest of his dorsal fin is yellow. Almost reminds me of those black birds with splotches of bright red or yellow on their shoulders.

Beautiful molly!! Its awesome to see someone using a Gaelic name! Not many people know much about Gaelic and I didn't even think to name the fish after my heritage like that. Good stuff!

I just got a beautiful Dalmatian Molly that has orange spots all along his body and has blue streaks in his tail, a truly beautiful combination as well.

Thank you very much! I try to be unique with the names I give my fish as each of them are special to me. This one has been full of personality too... Sometimes he'll follow my finger through the glass, other times he'll nip at my finger if I dip it under the surface of the water, haha.

I see your location is Rochester. I don't suppose that might be Rochester NY?

Haha, I'll be ****ed. I live about half an hour from Roc. I pass through on my
way to North Chili every weekend.

Update: rearranged a lot of the plants in my tank to improve the aesthetic. While all the other fish were confused, disoriented, and jockeying for territory again, the Kiernan was happy as ever. Eats a lot though. O-o;

Haha! that is awesome, small world! Real question is whats in north Chili, don't get out there much we actually live in Webster so its the wrong side of the city for us!

I live in Macedon myself, so not that far from you. Roberts Wesleyan College is in North Chili. :]

Back
Top Bottom