Blind Tree Frog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, My Fiancee brings home a Big, Fat, Healthy Whites Tree Frog that is Blind in one eye from her work. (PetSmart) She felt so sorry for it, and she didn't want to leave it there. He is doing very well and looks as if he has been blind for quite a long time. The reitna is all scrambled, but no foggyness or anything that looks gross and infected. and he blinks and reacts to water sprays like normal.

And of course it is to big for my tiny little tank I have the other frogs in so you know what that means.....UPGRADE TIME!!!

300 Bucks Later, we have everything we need to start a big 29 H Frog terrerium. Last night we Got a tank, stand, cage top, hood top, flourecent lamp, larger heating pad, Big 'OL plastic tree root thing, Waterfall and water pump, vines, rocks, Reptile carpet, and backdrop.

Combined with the two large waterbowls we already had and the Humidifier, the old vine, (which I cut the leaves off of to make a nice leafy bottom and thew the rest away,) We have ourselves a pretty awsome frog tank now. Its sitting in the Livingroom next to the SW tank and they look pretty good together.

now...a name for the frog...

I was thinking along the lines of "The Dread Pirate Blinky."

But he doesn't really look like a Dread Pirate Blinky.

He is a really pretty frog though. Blind eye and all.

Here are some pics. as promised.

Attachments

• frog_1.jpg
    frog_1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 404
  • frog_tank_1.jpg
    frog_tank_1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 306
Oh, he is pretty! He looks kind of big too. Winky is better than Blinky for a name, now that I thought about it! :) From the description of the tank that you made for him, he will have a very nice home!

Hey Toirtis, please tell me that a 29H will be big enough for 2 whites and a chubby frog. :?

thanks an t-iasg, I still need to add the upper tier of big branches for them to hang out on. they like to be sitting on a branch up in the air, I just gotta find a Pet store that carries the ones I want.

another note: I am really happy with this waterfall. Its doing a great job of adding enough humidity to the tank to keep everyone happy. My only complaint about the way I have it setup is that one of my water dishes is under the tree root system. which makes it a bit difficult to access to clean out.

If anyone is interested, I can grab more pics tonight.

RocketSeason said:
Hey Toirtis, please tell me that a 29H will be big enough for 2 whites and a chubby frog. :?

Sure....enough for the whites, and since the Kaloula will just sit around buried all the time, he almost takes up negative space. By the by, I love Kaloula sp......seriously under-rated frogs.

Sure, more pics would be nice! So there are 3 frogs in the tank?

It already looks like he's sitting on a big branch. I guess that's the lower tier?

Back
Top Bottom