<<<< Can you believe this??? >>>>

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppytank29

Aquarium Advice Regular
So today i got a call from some random number so i listened to the Voicemail. come to find out i forgot that i put an ad on my local classified web site with an ad for anyone to give me a call if they had and extra aquarium supplies. anyway so i listened to the Voicemail and it was a gentleman that had a 75 gal tank and was wondering if i was interested. so i called him back up and said "sure how much?" he told me if i came and got it he would give it to me so after 20min of convincing my wife into letting me have it i told him sure i'll take it not a problem. well I know what your thinking Heck a free 75gal tank thats great. But wait there is more when i got there he not only gave me a tank but a sump, light, glass cover, a powerhead, and so much more... I havent had the chance to go check everything out yet, I had to go to work today but, heck for free who could ask for more?

now the Hard part trying to figure out what i should do with it.....

Right now i have a 29gal with Female guppies and some barbs, a 10 gal with male guppies and bronze cory cats and a 10gal with guppy fry ( i had a couple of males in with the females accidently on purpose :brows:)

so now i'm not sure if i should keep with freshwater and just load it up or should i go salt with this one? the possibilities....
Let me know what you think and what should i put in there.

its going to be awhile scene there was one down side to this whole thing ( 2 in fact) 1) there is no stand so i would have to build one. and 2) there might be a small leak, when he had it set up one of his corals fell and nicked the seal. he said he fixed it but to fill test it first. so i have a feeling that its going to be about a moth before i can put water in it ( i have to clean the calcium off the glass and so on. you know how it is....)

So let me know what you all think.

Freshwater Malawi or tanyagiki(how the hell it's written) with chichlids, or south east asian, India or borneo, possibilities are endless,

make it a loach tank. one group of polka dot loaches ( burmese border loaches, angiculis botia) and one group of yoyo loaches. then put a school of tiger barbs. use real plants and driftwod too. thats what i would do. dont use clown loaches because a group would be way too big. they will bring you endless enjoyment.

nice find....well not really a find that you found but it did find you.....not sure if that makes sense lol

I say you do a nice overly large semi planted community tank with huge schools of tetras, and a few leopold angels, and some otos

so to keep everyone updated i filled the tank up the other day and come to find out i do have some leaks so off to reseal it! can you give me a good silicone for the job? i will keep you all up to date with the progress

i used GE silicone 1 window and door. from what i understand it is the only fishtank safe silicone. make sure it doesnt say anything like added anti fungals or anything like that. i bought 2 tubes for a 29 gallon and used like 1 & 1/2. you might be able to find it at walmart but i found it at ACE Hardware. most hardware stores should carry it if not just ask, i find the hardware people are alot more knowledgable than walmart people.

well here is an update... i removed the old silicone over the past couple of days and i am almost done i just have the film on the glass to still clean up so... its almost ready for me to reseal, lets cross our fingers that it holds. lol anyway i will keep you all up to date on my progress and if it holds.

Back
Top Bottom