Cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hummer1987

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm thinking of buying some red cherry shrimp, but not sure if they will get eaten by my other fish, I have;
Neon tetras
Guppies
Rainbow shark
Zebra danios
Fighter
Cherry barb
Tiger barb
Cory

Would it be safe for me to put shrimp in the tanks aswell? And any suggestions for best ways to look after the shrimp etc. thanks

The fighter and shark might go after the shrimp. Assuming the fighter is a betta, I would get a differen tank for it. I would also remove the tiger barbs before they start harassing the guppies. The shrimp are hardy and will feed on sinking foods like the corydoras

I have zebra danios that ate my RCS. Everything else left them alone though (including GBR and Gourami). That's my experience so I would say watch them and make sure the shrimp have really good places to call home and hide.

I have a cave in my tank for them to hide but it's only small, would you recommend something else aswell for the RCS to hide out. Thanks

Do you have any driftwood? or java moss? something that with tight spaces they can crawl in to. or if you have fake plants, look into a plant mat or a fry ball. the shrimp will be able to hide in it well and fish will be less likely to dig into those.

No I have neither of them, Thinking of getting some driftwood thou, just looking for a good place to get some from lol

I'm surprised the barbs haven't shredded your beeta ( fighting fish ) or your guppies there massive fin nippers

I have 4 cherry shrimp, they are great at cleaning but I almost never see them since they like to hideImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392579850.479744.jpg

Back
Top Bottom