Cleaning a ten gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettaorr

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just upgraded to a 10 gallon tank not sure if I'm doing everything right when it comes to cleaning it. I have a Algee magnet that I use I have a gravel cleaner and I do 20% water change once a week. And also change a filter every 2 weeks and clean the sponge 2 to 3 times a week. Am I missing anything? I put the conditioner in I use the cycle and waste control once a week as well. And also take the plants and decor out and clean them in warm water.

filters only need to be changed every 6 months or when they are falling apart. instead of changing it you need to rinse it in a bucket of old tank water from the water changes. changing the filter that often will mess with your Beneficial Bacteria and cause problems

filters only need to be changed every 6 months or when they are falling apart. instead of changing it you need to rinse it in a bucket of old tank water from the water changes. changing the filter that often will mess with your Beneficial Bacteria and cause problems

Rlly wow I didn't know that ill stop that then. Thanks

What kind of test kits should I get I'm rlly new at this lol

Buy The Api master test kit it is 30 bucks most accurate the test strips are total bs

What's API of its a name brand i can't get it where i live the only one my Pet store caries is nutrafin and they got to be all bought separate

What's API of its a name brand i can't get it where i live the only one my Pet store caries is nutrafin and they got to be all bought separate

Amazon.com is probably the best place to buy it anyway since it will probably save you a lot of money vs. buying it at a pet store.

API (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) Freshwater Master Test Kit

Amazon.com is probably the best place to buy it anyway since it will probably save you a lot of money vs. buying it at a pet store.

API (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) Freshwater Master Test Kit

Just got a mini master test kit at the pet store for 40 and it's test tubes not strips will update once I do the testing

I also got a heater for the winter it's for a 2-15 Gallon tank and mine is a 10 gallon will this heater be good enough

I also got a heater for the winter it's for a 2-15 Gallon tank and mine is a 10 gallon will this heater be good enough

It should be, but make sure that you have a good thermometer and check it often. My favorite thermometer so far is one made by american thermal instruments (sometimes called ATI) that mounts on the outside of the aquarium. Again, found it on Amazon. I plan to buy more of the same for my other tanks because I like it so much better than all of my other thermometers (have used several different kinds).

Back
Top Bottom