Craiglist. YAY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etunes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Absoulutly insane day on craiglist.
1st.
saltwater aquarium

2nd.
30 GALLON FISH TANK

Seriously! This is awsome. Sadly i can only going for 1. I figured i could go for the first 1 because it has protein skimmer and everything else. So i will have 90% of the stuff i need. But 1 guy already called on it, but if the lady dosen't get a call soon she said its all mine. YAY. And the second 1 i found i called and they didn't awnser. So yay. But which one do you guys think i should go for? I planned on using the 75 gallon for my FW tank.

I just got ahold of the guy witht he 30g and he said it is a freshy, i thoguth it was a SW with LR. I have no need for a freshy at the moment. So i don't know if the deal will go through or not because 1 guy already called her for it, but she said that if he dosen't get it i am the next person to get it. I will know by tommorrow and i will tell you how it goes.

75, no need for the FW right now. I want the 75 gallon because it is a steal. I thought that the 30g was SW had LR and everything in it so i thought it would be a steal as well but it was a FW so it was a no go. It is funny when i called the guy he said it was his girlfriends and that her last goldfish died the last night and that he was so happy because he could now get rid of the tank.

I might call back and see if i can gett he girlfriend to see if it is really a SW.

it has to be sw... the rock is clearly sw rock... and that 75 is a super deal, the stand and canopy alone are worth more than that

thats what i am saying. But i bet you can't guess who is lecturing me now. My mom is like you deon't need any more fish tanks. I am trying to tell her that i am going to turn that tank into a FW tank like i originally planned and take the equipment of that and put it on my 90 gallon. Besides she sayed that it had been up and running for 5 years. So i will have aa automatic mature tank. YAY. Means i will be able to get corals almost right away. Then i would cap off the holes of the drilled tank and turn it into my larger FW tank i have needed to make. Parents are pains.

*Update* One of my moms friends has a SW fish tank that she wants to get rid of, it is also a 75 gallon. For free. But it might not be For sure. She wants me to get his. God, I don't know what to do.

I don't have the money for both #1. And i have parents to but heads with.

I iwsh. I bet you can't guess what my parents said. They said, you don't need to go get it right now and then i got another lecture on how they think my fish keeping is going to far but they willd eal with it. Dosen't matter anyways, the lady said the guy that called before me got it at the last second. She was gonna let me take it but he had to call. I am so sad. :(

awww, its ok, you will run across another good deal one day. try and keep the parents happy, always helps when you need something lol... but it is hard to pass up a good deal like that. i figured id stop at one, now im starting to understand that i have a disease that is causing me to compulsively buy buy buy anything aquarium.. to the good part... i spoke with a guy today, who has a neighbor, who has a TON of live rock sitting in his garage. He said he was giving it away, so im possibly, hopefully, going to get some and convert my 55 to a sw :)

awww, its ok, you will run across another good deal one day. try and keep the parents happy, always helps when you need something lol... but it is hard to pass up a good deal like that. i figured id stop at one, now im starting to understand that i have a disease that is causing me to compulsively buy buy buy anything aquarium.. to the good part... i spoke with a guy today, who has a neighbor, who has a TON of live rock sitting in his garage. He said he was giving it away, so im possibly, hopefully, going to get some and convert my 55 to a sw :)

Can't wait to see a new SW build forum. Keep me updated.

you know i will, if it happens. cross your fingers for me... i saw sw fish at an lfs the other day and decided then that i absolutely have to go sw... i wanna keep my 125 a cichlid tank, and start small with my 55 or possibly my 30 with sw just to get some experience before diving in on the 125

Back
Top Bottom