CRS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bud29

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got some CRS today! They are all SS grade, so they look very nice. The seller even threw in a SSS+ flowerhead grade :)

Acclimating

In the tank:

You can see the SSS+ grade one on the left here: :)

Nice! Be sure to post some more pictures once they're settled in and no longer stressed from shipping.

What kind of plants are those? On the last pic?

Cool thats good to know. I have a little tiny one that came when I bought another different plant and I had no idea what it was!!! :) thanks

It is sibthorpiodes, correct - however japan and sibthorpiodes are two different plants, albeit similar looking.
Yes, I realize that they're two different plants, but here in the US both names usually mean the same plant.

Yes, I realize that they're two different plants, but here in the US both names usually mean the same plant.

That was definitely true when sp. Japan was new to the states. Many people thought that it was Sibthorpioides with a new name to make it more exciting - however as it gained popularity, differences were noticed. By now, most people acknowledge that they are different and sell them as such.

Last edited:
So is a low light plant? How does it spread? Any advice on how to make it healthier? Mine has 2 little leaves

So is a low light plant? How does it spread? Any advice on how to make it healthier? Mine has 2 little leaves

It is fairly low light. Not quite as much as say, an anubias, but it can tolerate some low levels. The leaves grow on a "strand," if you will, and the "strand" grows and sprouts new leaves that grow roots and anchor themselves in the substrate. Higher light, CO2, and ferts would make it grow faster, however you can still keep it pretty healthy in a low-light setting.

That was definitely true when sp. Japan was new to the states. Many people thought that it was Sibthorpioides with a new name to make it more exciting - however as it gained popularity, differences were noticed. By now, most people acknowledge that they are different and sell them as such.

Thanks for the thread rating :)

Yeah, I see your point. I thought it was worthy of a rating, since those CRS look awesome. What have you been/will you be feeding them? I've been feeding mine Mosura CRS Specialty food and they seem to love it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I see your point. I thought it was worthy of a rating, since those CRS look awesome. What have you been/will you be feeding them? I've been feeding mine Mosura CRS Specialty food and they seem to love it.

I'll be feeding them ken's mini veggie sticks, some barley pellets from speedie, and fresh spinach. I think I have a bit of Jake's om nom nom somewhere as well.

I'll be feeding them ken's mini veggie sticks, some barley pellets from speedie, and fresh spinach. I think I have a bit of Jake's om nom nom somewhere as well.

Sounds good. Do you have cholla wood or anything in the tank with them? I recommend adding something like if you haven't already.

Sounds good. Do you have cholla wood or anything in the tank with them? I recommend adding something like if you haven't already.

Yup, I have a few ugly "outcast" pieces of cholla that I'm going to put in there. They're not going to look pretty, but whatever :lol: The shrimp matter more by a long shot.

Yup, I have a few ugly "outcast" pieces of cholla that I'm going to put in there. They're not going to look pretty, but whatever :lol: The shrimp matter more by a long shot.

Nice. I saw an awesome cactus scape using moss and cholla wood. I think it would be cool if you could pull it off.

I added a small piece of cholla today and it's a big hit with the CRS. 9 of them are now grazing on it. The rilis don't care too much, however it's only been in there for a few minutes. I'm trying to get a picture, but the cholla is behind a large cloud of guppy grass.

Back
Top Bottom