Derasa Clam & Blue Clove Coral Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thanks to everyone who helped me with the many, many clam questions. I took your advice and picked up this small derasa clam (it's about 2 1/2 to 3 inches). When you view the clam from the top the colors are wild. The picture I took from the top is kinda bad but you can see the vivid colors.

Thanks folks!!

img_821863_0_59ed14fb2bfcbe44f67a92074cc7f1a3.jpg

Side view of the clam (it's hidden next to the Kenya tree coral)

img_821863_1_c40edf22cc2a9d3f6dfd87dbcd0d13cd.jpg

img_821863_2_4d8b5fa2bd236dd9033d98f13dda5f54.jpg

Ooh, very nice!

I never knew until MACNA last year about the clam thing, now everytime I look at clams in the store people are probably wondering what on earth I'm doing looking from the top instead of from the side. :)

Nice pick ups!

Oooooo... I like the blue clove polyps. I've been looking for something blueish for the tank. Those are blue anthelia, right?

Kurt_Nelson said:
Oooooo... I like the blue clove polyps. I've been looking for something blueish for the tank. Those are blue anthelia, right?

I called the owner this morning to get the name of it.....it is from the family Clavulariidae. Oh, and I hate to mention it but he has one nice large chunk left (at $42).....meet ya at the ferry terminal...lol!

MsBeanCtr said:
Kurt_Nelson said:

I called the owner this morning to get the name of it.....it is from the family Clavulariidae. Oh, and I hate to mention it but he has one nice large chunk left (at $42).....meet ya at the ferry terminal...lol!

Thanks for the info. Did you get it at the Shark Reef?

Kurt_Nelson said:
MsBeanCtr said:
Kurt_Nelson said:

Thanks for the info. Did you get it at the Shark Reef?

No, actually I lucked out and got it at Ocean Reef Aquatics. I am on their e-mail list and they e-mailed that they got a large order in from ORA. WooHoo!

Back
Top Bottom