Driftwood and Cories!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenAngel

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought me some new driftwood and cories today! Check it out! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407889152.796878.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407889167.317996.jpg

The smaller mopani driftwood was only $7.99 at petco and the other was $23 at our local fish store! Here are my new pandas to!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407889299.092970.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awesome! FTS of the tank with DW and cories, please. I liked it where it curved along the bottom and not the arch (just my opinion). You can use it as a natural separator for plants, rocks, etc.

I kinda like it laying more to! It looks more natural that way

Awesome! FTS of the tank with DW and cories, please. I liked it where it curved along the bottom and not the arch (just my opinion). You can use it as a natural separator for plants, rocks, etc.

Out of curiosity what does FTS stand for? I'm also thinking about making the sand higher on the backside of the wood to create some diversity, kinda a natural sandbar :)

Sorry, Full Tank Shot. I want to see how it looks now.
Yes, the sandbar sounds like great idea.

Sadly, I'm having to take it slow on the tank. We are having carpet put in next week so I was going to fill it afterwards so it's not so heavy. I'll post a pic once everything's in it though! My cories are chillin in my 10 gallon with some buddies till I get this guy up and running! I have plants ordered and in the mail as well!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408422038.764068.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408422051.237801.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408422062.102989.jpg

Some new beauties came in today!!!

Have to say, that is the definition of falic symbol! Freaking sweet

Okay everyone! Water is in the tank! Thoughts? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408790974.606009.jpg

What all are you going to put in it? Looks great!

I'm not sure yet, I'm thinking of making it into a community tank, I was wanting angelfish in it, but I know personalities can clash easily and the closest fish store to me is an hour away so I can't really take them back if they start fighting. Im considering a few schools of tetras, Kuhli loaches, cories, (MAYBE) rainbow fish (depending on space), Otos. And I may have to think about the moss idea, it sounds like it could be awesome! Do you think I should get more swords to go behind the arch? I've been toying with the idea.

Those fish choices sound nice. If I had to restart, I'd have threadfins and kuhlis only.
You could do another sword or possibly a set of stem plants such as Bacopa caroliniana along the back wall.

My angles have done great with my corries! Only time I have had an issue with aggressive angles is when they laid eggs.

Hmm interesting, I was actually leaning towards the thread-fin rainbow fish a lot. I may have to give them a try.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411557167.589238.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411557207.981860.jpg

Okay, I decided I wanted an angel to join the herd :)

Don't forget Root Tabs for your Swords and any Crypts. Your Swords may not thrive in the corner. That is usually the least PAR. They may be fine. Just keep an eye on them.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, THANKS! It's been trial and error so far with this one as I'm trying some new fish and decorations than my other tanks but everything's slowly getting better!

Back
Top Bottom