FINALLY!! a fire eel, but......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob28

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i went on aquabid.com to look for a fire eel. i didnt find one but was looking at a teacup stingray. i do have plans for a stingray, but not until my 220 gal tank gets here.

So, i send the seller an email asking if he had any fire eels and he says that he has 2 of them. i ask for a price and a shipping quote which he sends to me.

my questions are:
1) has anyone dealt with this fs/ petstore b4?
2) is the shipping price about right?

im sorry that i have not put up specific numbers or names but im not sure what is/isnt appropriate, so i need a mod to chime in.

thanks

lol....just dont wanna cross any lines.

the store is pet planet, out of california

he wants to charge me 34$ for the eel ( its 10" long)

he wants to charge me 67$ for overnight shipping

Overnite will be better for the eel. I`m not sure what is a good price but if you want it and can afford it I dont see why not. If it is high it aint by much as most places I`ve seen will charge about 40.00. Make sure they have a guarantee just in case it does not make it. Alot of livestock does not make the long trips esp.if it gets cold.

im not neccesarily worried bout that price as id gladly give my firstborn to get one.

im really wanting to know if anyone has dealt, specifically, with this store.

i did ask if he offered a guarantee, which im still waiting for a reply on.

ok i just recieved his reply.....

"sorry cant guarantee anything shipped but overnight should not be any problems and they are healthy."
al husser
pet planet usa
225-***-5110

what does every1 think?

please comment

If he has no guarantee I would not get it. Seen folks get too many dead fish even over nite. Try www.liveaquaria.com . They have a 14 day guarantee. Dont know if they have this type eel.

Back
Top Bottom