Finally got my puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I talked to the store, they ordered the wrong fish. What I have is what they are calling leopard puffers, which translates to green spotted puffers. So now I will be looking for about a 60 to 75 gallon set up to move these little guys to and start acclimating them to brackish and eventually to marine.
Well I wanted a salt water tank but wanted to be able to save up and get all the goodies not just jump in, I don't want to return my little fish so I guess I will be slowly taking the salty plunge.lol

Nimo said:
Well I talked to the store, they ordered the wrong fish. What I have is what they are calling leopard puffers, which translates to green spotted puffers. So now I will be looking for about a 60 to 75 gallon set up to move these little guys to and start acclimating them to brackish and eventually to marine.
Well I wanted a salt water tank but wanted to be able to save up and get all the goodies not just jump in, I don't want to return my little fish so I guess I will be slowly taking the salty plunge.lol

Tell then they need to set you up with a discount since it was their mistake! !!!

60-75g is not enough. Look for around 100g tank for once in a life time upgrade. Once the new tank is cycling, start acclimating those 3 GSP to marine water.

Watch your water parameters closely. Your current tank is pretty small for your stock.

Terrance said:
60-75g is not enough. Look for around 100g tank for once in a life time upgrade. Once the new tank is cycling, start acclimating those 3 GSP to marine water.

Watch your water parameters closely. Your current tank is pretty small for your stock.

I looking for a 60 -75 for now while they are small, They will get up graded to 100-150 as soon as I can. I just thought for now the 60-75 is allot better for them than the 20 long that they are in.
I test the water in all my tanks daily, most get water changes once a week some twice a week. If I end up doing daily changes for these little guys till I can up grade them I will.
I don't wanna take them back god knows what would happen to them as small as they are probly in a 5 gallon un cycled tank and the person would have no clue why they died. Yes I assume the worst because I have heard their advice on fish.

I started a new thread in the fresh and brackish water section, starting my conversion and changing tanks.

Back
Top Bottom