Fish Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skyclad8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my hubby comes home from work and puts a random fish into my goldfish tank. Apparently while doing a job for a customer, the guy was trying to get rid of his fish and gave one to my guy to bring home. I have no idea what kind of fish this is and am a little irritated that he is suddenly in my tank. He seems to have big eyes, big mouth and swims lightning fast. He seems very shy, is keeping himself hidden and not going near my goldfish at all. So what is he?

Also I found what i think is a poop from him when i isolated him to take pics, which looks weird to me, red on one side then to light brown on the other, in a clear sac? Don't know if this is normal because I've only owned goldfish.
Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20130730_003001.jpg
    20130730_003001.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 20130730_003715.jpg
    20130730_003715.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 20130730_004024.jpg
    20130730_004024.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 83
he is about 3 inch long, and he was put in my 30 gal tank that already has 2 fancy goldfish, so gunna need to upgrade the tank if we keep him. What about his poo, is that normal for those fish? So i looked up the jaguar and i did indeed find many pics that look just like him. Thanx guys :)

Think he's just a bit stressed maybe, it should turn back to normal.. You will need a bigger tank, it will become very aggressive and will eat your goldfish

yeah i've been reading about them now that i know what he is, he will be removed and most likey taken to the local fish shop tomorrow. He really is a beautiful fish though, if anybody lives in Michigan, Metro Detroit area and wants him hit me up, he's yours.

Wish I lived there I would take him I have a pair at about 12 cms in a tank of their own. Hoping they breed soon for me. They are awesome fish

Back
Top Bottom