Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2007PSanHa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two common goldfish called Flotsam and Jetsam. They have a twenty litre aquarium with a filter and light. Jetsam floats to the top of the water. I know this can be because of swim bladder disease and have tried soaking food and feeding peas. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks! :)

Hello!
Unfortunately 20L is a tiny tank and not suitable for goldfish. Your guys are pond fish and could easily reach 30-45cm. Do you own a test kit or know somewhere that tests? What are the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the tank? My guess so far is that the toxins in the water have built up and he's having issues with it.
The very best thing you can do is rehome them to your LFS or a pond. 20L is a good fit for a Betta if you get a heater. :).
Please read this.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...-to-Starting-a-Freshwater-Aquarium/Page1.html

Yes, I realise my tank is too small but my mum won't let me buy anything bigger! I've tested the water and it's fine! I'll just have to keep begging! Meanwhile I try to make their house a bit more natural! Thanks :)

Here is Flotsam

Attachments

• image-2371470171.jpg
    image-2371470171.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom