Good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeachBum2012

Aquarium Advice Activist
I found a craigs list add in my area listing some tanks.
Turns out is:

100 gallon tank ( tall tank ) no stand, asking for $50
60 gallon tank (15 Wx48 Lx17 H) come with wood stand (16x49x25), asking for $110 ( with free biofilter)
40 gallon tank (16x36x17) come with wood stand ( 15x49x24 this stand for 60gal tank but I used for 30 gal tank), asking for $89 ( with free biofilter)
Steel stand (12x48x29) itself no tank ( for 60 gal tank), asking for $15
2 Air pumps, asking for $15 each
3 heaters 300W, asking for $15 each
7 dividers for 60 gallon tank, asking for $8 each
All take it all for $350

Thats much less than I've seen just the 100 with a stand for. What do you all think?

lol this is so cali thats hardly even mild at best....

100 gallon tank ( tall tank ) no stand, asking for $50
this is ok.... but you are going to have to buy or build a stand. for some people thats no problem but for someone like me.... i would wait you can always find 100 gallon tanks with stand for $100.

60 gallon tank (15 Wx48 Lx17 H) come with wood stand (16x49x25), asking for $110 ( with free biofilter)
40 gallon tank (16x36x17) come with wood stand ( 15x49x24 this stand for 60gal tank but I used for 30 gal tank), asking for $89 ( with free biofilter)
Steel stand (12x48x29) itself no tank ( for 60 gal tank), asking for $15
2 Air pumps, asking for $15 each
3 heaters 300W, asking for $15 each
all over priced....

3ka3me3p7ZZZZZZZZZ99mfbed65f712c81d4a.jpg

come on now $110 for that?

these might be too far or no longer up but here is some idea of what you should look for...
40 gallon eclipse aquarium + black stand - $45
40 gallon eclipse aquarium + black stand

100 Gal Fish Tank With Cabinet Stand, Lighting & MORE!! - $350
Acrylic aquarium with black wooden cabinet stand. Lighting, heater, protein skimmer and filtration included, as well as sand and living rock
100 Gal Fish Tank With Cabinet Stand, Lighting & MORE!! - $350 (Huntin if you dont want salty you could sell the stuff you dont want off.

170 gallon fish tank $100 obo

90 GAL. AQUARIUM - $75
90 GAL. AQUARIUM

this is just from today and yesterday. if you look you will find better then this.

lol this is so cali thats hardly even mild at best....

this is ok.... but you are going to have to buy or build a stand. for some people thats no problem but for someone like me.... i would wait you can always find 100 gallon tanks with stand for $100.

all over priced....

3ka3me3p7ZZZZZZZZZ99mfbed65f712c81d4a.jpg

come on now $110 for that?

these might be too far or no longer up but here is some idea of what you should look for...
40 gallon eclipse aquarium + black stand - $45
40 gallon eclipse aquarium + black stand

100 Gal Fish Tank With Cabinet Stand, Lighting & MORE!! - $350
Acrylic aquarium with black wooden cabinet stand. Lighting, heater, protein skimmer and filtration included, as well as sand and living rock
100 Gal Fish Tank With Cabinet Stand, Lighting & MORE!! - $350 (Huntin if you dont want salty you could sell the stuff you dont want off.

90 GAL. AQUARIUM - $75
90 GAL. AQUARIUM

this is just from today and yesterday. if you look you will find better then this.

Thanks for that. I found a much better looking 100 with everything. For some reason it didn't occur to me to check out the OC.

Thanks again,

Brian

yea you have to check around. what price did you get the 100 for? i cant tell you how many 100+ gallon takns i have picked up for $1 a gallon or less

yea you have to check around. what price did you get the 100 for? i cant tell you how many 100+ gallon takns i have picked up for $1 a gallon or less

I found one for $200. Its in perfect shape, comes with all of the equipment and has a cabinet grade stand that matches the one I have for my 40. I like the looks of it. I'm going to swing by tomorrow and take a look at it to make sure though.

By the way, I checked out your site. I'm looking at setting up one of my 20s as a planted Red Cherry tank soon. I might be shooting you a message when I get ready for it if you don't mind.

cool just pm me. i have way too many plants or shrimp then i know what to do with. lol

sounds like you found a good deal. i have seen full set ups 240 gallons for only $500. so cali sure has the deals on tanks.

cool just pm me. i have way too many plants or shrimp then i know what to do with. lol

sounds like you found a good deal. i have seen full set ups 240 gallons for only $500. so cali sure has the deals on tanks.

I saw a couple in the over 200 gallon range for $5-700 while I was looking. I'm not quite ready for something that big yet. I'm just getting back into the hobby and want to get used to things first. I figure when I'm ready I'll sell off a few of my tanks and head toward something bigger or a reef setup.

Thanks again. I'll be sending you a pm for sure when I get the 20 out.

Those are great prices here in Canada heh. I'd gladly pay $50 for a 100 gallon unless it was horribly scratched. Even then expect to pay twice as much argh. Plus there's no craigslist listings for aquariums here, we've got another site where people can't even give you proper dimensions, yet alone the name of their filter.

Anyone want to ship me a tank? lol

people are wrong all the time here too. so cali has a lot of people selling tanks. i search several different ways just in case i miss something.

people are wrong all the time here too. so cali has a lot of people selling tanks. i search several different ways just in case i miss something.

I had to deal with these people earlier who kept giving me the dimensions of their tank ??? x width x height, then the entire height of it with the stand. What about the length? I said, after 3 e-mails I gave up.

good to ask for pics i have looked at so many tanks i can pick out most filters heaters and tank size now lol you wonder how some of these people make it though the world lol seems a good thing they are no longer keeping fish lol

good to ask for pics i have looked at so many tanks i can pick out most filters heaters and tank size now lol you wonder how some of these people make it though the world lol seems a good thing they are no longer keeping fish lol

They did send pics but they were on a really bad angle, I did pick out the Eheim filter though. They might have failed at fish but they're probably breeding children, that's even scarier to me lol.

Back
Top Bottom