Got a couple of loaches...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Toirtis....

I've got three of them that I've had in my loach tank for months now. Unless you have a REALLY good person at the LFS at loach identification....they're more likely Schistura sp.aff. vinciguerre. Most of the loaches coming in as Schistura mahnerti are actually the other taxon.

I wrote a profile on this loach for Aquarium Advice. Here's a link: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=19895

Fruitbat said:
Toirtis....

I've got three of them that I've had in my loach tank for months now. Unless you have a REALLY good person at the LFS at loach identification....they're more likely Schistura sp.aff. vinciguerre. Most of the loaches coming in as Schistura mahnerti are actually the other taxon.

I wrote a profile on this loach for Aquarium Advice. Here's a link: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=19895

Thanks. Both the wholesaler and the LFS owner really know their loaches, and after careful observation and comparison with a number of sources, I am pretty certain they are the S. mahnerti.

I was at Franco's on the weekend for the first time.. I was really impressed with their stock.. The rams looked really good. So did their cribs and boesmani rainbows. I love the rainbow in their 'not for sale' showcase tanks.. I had to complement them on such nice healthy fish. And many of the fish were 30% off as well..

It was truly like being a kid in the candy store.. I still can't get the kribs out of my head with the rich red bellys! :)

congrats on the Loach find! I am glad to hear you shop there! Do C.A.S. members get a discount.. :)

Mooooooose

webmoose said:
I love the rainbow in their 'not for sale' showcase tanks..

I love a lot of things in those two tanks...some really impresive cats and big loaches, too.

I am glad to hear you shop there! Do C.A.S. members get a discount.. :)

Mooooooose

It is one of the few places I buy fish...most of mine come from Riverfront, Franco's, Gold...and to a lesser extent, Tanks aLot and Pisces. Unfortunately, no CAS discount at Franco's.

Ya those show tanks were pretty exciting....

RiverFront has sooooo many fish I sometimes spend my lunch in there! I've only been to Gold's a few times last time I went was on a Thursday.. (the day they are closed)

Moose

Back
Top Bottom