got some new stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConanTheLibraia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Whoo, I just came home with 75 pounds of fiji liverock, 50 pounds some base rock, a powerhead, and heater for 150 bucks. My saltwater adventure is about to begin!

Well I made the final decision that the 55 gallon I'm getting will be saltwater. So it will be 55, I might have extra but looking at it in the rubbermaid bin it looks like it should fit in a 55 gallon (its just sitting in a big rubbermaid bin with 2 PHs a heater, and a light) I just have to wait till I get back from vacation to set it up. I'm really exited since one of the main things holding me back from having the 55 gallon be saltwater was the price of live rock. I feel good since now I know I'm am fully commited which means I definitly am going to have a saltwater tank going in the near future.

sweet man! That is gonna be a bangup system with all that LR, i know what ya mean about the cost of LR, thats why I dont have a 75 gallon reef. Maybe one day

BTW, love the signature, that is by far the best part in the movie.

Conan did you get the rock and such from that guy who was moving?

Since you dont have the tank and the water readay are you storing the rock in a rubbermaid style trashcan with saltwater, heater and powerhead?

yea, I got it from Scott, only had to drive 30 minutes (if it wasnt for traffic). Yeap, I am storing it in a rubbermaid trashcan w/ 2 PH's a heater and I bought saltwater mix and a hydrometer on the way home and used the powerhead to mix the salt and dechlorinated water in a seperate bucket then put it into the trashcan, sound alright? I don't have much lighting right now, but I am hoping that a small light strip and a 48 inch 2 tube shoplight should do it. I guess you could say its basically curing right now? Its only for a week and a half and my stepbrother is going to come over and check on it and do water changes, he knows his stuff.

WEll usually you mix your water and let it mix for 24 hours prior to adding stuff to it. But what is done is done so we wont harp on that.

IF the rock was kept wet from his tank to your trashcan there should be little die off.

Im glad he did not have to toss his rocks.

Back
Top Bottom