Green phantom pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharkeye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got a beautiful L200 for my55 gal, don't know too much about these guys, the gal at my fish store said it's an omnivore. The tank he came out of was heavy planted, so he was hidden all the time. I have a live planted tank, but lots of open space, he stays in my log all the time. I guess he comes out at night to feed. Anyone have any advice?

jealous!! i just started a thread recently about one i saw at my LFS. they are sooooo gorgeous!! they are nocturnal omnivores. just read that algae wafers, sinking pellets, blood worms, and brine shrimp are all acceptable. i would also throw in some blanched veggies like lettuce or zucchini.

I have plenty of zuchinni, how do you blanch it. Also most of the food, algae wafers shrimp pellets etc gets eaten by my albino corys, maybe your on the right track, Thanks.

i use frozen zucchini, i put it in a mug with some water, microwave it for a minute, then run cold water over it till it cools off. you can do the same with fresh, i believe. or you can just boil it for a couple minutes on your stovetop.

Blanching is a cooking term that describes a process of food preparation wherein the food substance, usually a vegetable or fruit, is plunged into boiling water, removed after a brief, timed interval, and finally plunged into iced water or placed under cold running water (shocked) to halt the cooking process.

Back
Top Bottom