Green star polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaboke

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought my first coral :lol:

Green star polyp ( Clavularia viridis )

Tell me what you think

Kaboke

Just a little side note about the GSP...they will grow onto anything the rock they are on touches and can spread like wildfire so position is important when placing them in your tank. I have mine on a large rock that doesn't touch anyother rocks to keep them under control. Just a thought....

You think so the LFS sold it to me as GSP's not that it would be a disaster I think that zoanthids ar pretty hardy to anny idea what species of zoanthids ???
need to find some more information

Kaboke

All species of zoanthid (that look like yours) are the same, they are just different colors. :)

There is a website that has the collective names of zoanthids, but they are just names for the color variations. The care is all still the same.

www.zoaid.com

Here is a shot of my GSP's, opened and closed. You can see how they spread with the mat. Yours are definitley zoanthids.

img_813720_0_b69814158536b5b3ea5eaa327a6306ac.jpg

img_813720_1_f792b3db0f8baf1c39126c13450862fe.jpg

I 100% agree with Lindsay that they are not Green star polys. They are zoo`s and they are just as pretty and will do good in your tank. Moving this to New aquisitions forum.

Back
Top Bottom